YO GEORGIANS! :)

I have a young pullet ("Peaches", 23 weeks) who seems to occasionally lay two eggs.... one with a hard shell, then 5 minutes later a soft shelled one. I saw her do it yesterday (late in the day, at that), and she laid it while free ranging outside of the run (which they only get to do about an hour a day). Should I be worried? She's done this twice now in the last 3 weeks. Both times the two eggs are laid outside of the nest box....but then we'll go a week or so with everyone laying in the nest box. Is her system just working out the kinks or is that sign of sickness?

For those of you who are growing barly or wheat for your chickens this might help I work at a podponics farm in Atlanta we are building it for them they grow lettuce there but they do experiment with different kinds of lettuce they have a fabric they lay in the bottem of there trays that holds moister they just put the seeds on top of the fabric and they grow I will try to find out the name of the fabric tomarrow it comes in rolls they just cut it to size of there trays no mold on there seed either it's cool hope this helps

For those of you who are growing barly or wheat for your chickens this might help I work at a podponics farm in Atlanta we are building it for them they grow lettuce there but they do experiment with different kinds of lettuce they have a fabric they lay in the bottem of there trays that holds moister they just put the seeds on top of the fabric and they grow I will try to find out the name of the fabric tomarrow it comes in rolls they just cut it to size of there trays no mold on there seed either it's cool hope this helps
I've heard of using basic burlap. Love to hear what they use.

The fabric is white it's kind of like that stuff they use inside a cheap coat for insalation closest thing I could think of to compare it to sry for
My bad spelling

Back
Top Bottom