YO GEORGIANS! :)

. This is a picture of the stuff they use at the podponics farm

I called the Hundley company that has the barley seeds that I got and found out they are untreated. So, I am excited to be starting to try the barley tomorrow in the fodder system. And, just so you know, if it had been treated, it would have had a red dye on it. Most companies dye the treated grains so you can tell the difference between treated and untreated.

I have had no takers on any of my chicks! Boo! What am I going to do with all these chicks!?

Apparently one of my 3 EE has started laying. Unfortunately she did an oops a daisy in the run by the water feeders. 4 huge brand spanking new nest boxes and... oh well. Anyway it's pretty dirty so should I clean it or toss it? Oh and I know it was an EE because the clean parts of the shell are a pretty shade of green.

Apparently one of my 3 EE has started laying. Unfortunately she did an oops a daisy in the run by the water feeders. 4 huge brand spanking new nest boxes and... oh well. Anyway it's pretty dirty so should I clean it or toss it? Oh and I know it was an EE because the clean parts of the shell are a pretty shade of green.
If you are sure laid today, wash it , crack and either cook now or put in a covered container in fridge or freezer for later. Mine did lay first in weird places - by water fount, on chicken ramp..I think they don't know what's happening. Next one may be in nest. Bet you this was her very first egg & likely she didn't pick that spot, first egg surprised her as much as us!
wee.gif
So eggciting for first egghunts.

If you are sure laid today, wash it , crack and either cook now or put in a covered container in fridge or freezer for later. Mine did lay first in weird places - by water fount, on chicken ramp..I think they don't know what's happening. Next one may be in nest. Bet you this was her very first egg & likely she didn't pick that spot, first egg surprised her as much as us!
wee.gif
So eggciting for first egghunts.
Yes this is her first egg. I have 3 other hens laying (Silkie, Red Star and Dominique) but they all have been going in the nest box. I have a couple more that go in the nest box and think about laying but so far nothing. LOL! I hope she figures it all out soon. Think I will clean it, candle it then save the shell for the oyster/shell bucket for their calcium. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom