YO GEORGIANS! :)

I have chicken wire, but I also have two Great Pyrenees guarding the flock.
1f600.png
don't know which one is actually keeping predators out

Hardware cloth for the coop where they are closed in at night. Other wire for daytime use for me. But, we don't have local 'bad' dogs. Most our predators are night time critters. They can't get into the closed up coop.

The run is huge and goes up the mountain into the woods. (On the left side of the coop) They have lots of cover from hawks there. Have not lost anything in this location yet. (Except two years ago when the bear tore off the door one night. But we reinforced it now) The run fence is regular small retangular gauged fencing. The coop is hardware cloth that is buried down into the ground 12 inches and goes out 12 inches (like an L) That keeps anything from digging under.

Hardware cloth for the coop where they are closed in at night. Other wire for daytime use for me. But, we don't have local 'bad' dogs. Most our predators are night time critters. They can't get into the closed up coop.

The run is huge and goes up the mountain into the woods. (On the left side of the coop) They have lots of cover from hawks there. Have not lost anything in this location yet. (Except two years ago when the bear tore off the door one night. But we reinforced it now) The run fence is regular small retangular gauged fencing. The coop is hardware cloth that is buried down into the ground 12 inches and goes out 12 inches (like an L) That keeps anything from digging under.

We need to go walking down Amicalola Falls again soon!

No more incubators for a while! Just growing out a few chicks I wanted to keep. AND, I have a newbie pullet checking out the nest today! Can't wait to see what color egg she lays! She's a frizzle EE. This is an older photo of her. She is all red faced now! Yay! It's been a while since I've had a new egg layer! It's still exciting to get eggs!

No more incubators for a while! Just growing out a few chicks I wanted to keep. AND, I have a newbie pullet checking out the nest today! Can't wait to see what color egg she lays! She's a frizzle EE. This is an older photo of her. She is all red faced now! Yay! It's been a while since I've had a new egg layer! It's still exciting to get eggs!
Flower my OE has YET to lay for me.. Her wattles are huge and she's fire engine red! LOL my BR beat her to laying and I jut knew "Flower" would win! :gig

I sold a pair of CCL today, and the LO should all be picked up this week I think. I know it sounds ridiculous but out of the eight LO only one is showing any comb at all and has no tail where all the others have a tail. Weird.

I will soon be brooder-less too! For the first time since right around New Years!! :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom