YO GEORGIANS! :)

I hope to have some ameraucana chicks in Jan, I can do some easter eggers too, since my rooster is an ameraucana. Maybe one day I'll start getting ameraucana eggs again. They're still mad at me for isolating them when they tried to go broody,
rant.gif

Hey I started getting some kind of big, very light colored egg from my Brahma coop this week. I can't figure out which bird it's coming from but I like it!

I'm thinking about making brooders for ducks, chicks, and other birds to sell. I have the plans in my head to make them and I've done some experiments with my own ducks.

A lot of people say on in the reviews of commercial chick brooders that the designers need to use it themselves and fix the problems. That's true with a lot of products. The commercial brooders don't really look like they're designed for ducks either.

I have designed, and redesigned my brooder and fixed the problems. I came up with an efficient, light weight brooder for 15 ducks, 20 chicks, 40 quail, etc, up to 4 weeks. Messy ducklings will not be a problem, there will be a water catcher, which helps with smell immensely. There will also be a pull out tray for droppings.

You get the whole package: brooder, lamp with dimmer to control temperature, waterer, feeder, and duckling and chick information, like care and management tips and the best food and supplements to get as well as a cheap duck run idea. So what do y'all think?

Last edited:
My little singleton Cochin has pipped!! :clap :clap I really DON'T want to have to integrate this only baby with the older chicks, but then again Indont think I've ever rooted for one little egg so much! :gig

Now. PLEASE just let it be a pullet!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about making brooders for ducks, chicks, and other birds to sell. I have the plans in my head to make them and I've done some experiments with my own ducks.

A lot of people say on in the reviews of commercial chick brooders that the designers need to use it themselves and fix the problems. That's true with a lot of products. The commercial brooders don't really look like they're designed for ducks either.

I have designed, and redesigned my brooder and fixed the problems. I came up with an efficient, light weight brooder for 15 ducks, 20 chicks, 40 quail, etc, up to 4 weeks. Messy ducklings will not be a problem, there will be a water catcher, which helps with smell immensely. There will also be a pull out tray for droppings.

You get the whole package: brooder, lamp with dimmer to control temperature, waterer, feeder, and duckling and chick information, like care and management tips and the best food and supplements to get as well as a cheap duck run idea. So what do y'all think?

I like the idea. I volunteer to accept the first prototype for research and development purposes. I won't even charge you to come pick it up. :D

I like the idea. I volunteer to accept the first prototype for research and development purposes. I won't even charge you to come pick it up. :D

I might just take you up on that, but I'm only 15 and starting out with a couple hundred dollars for this project, so I can't afford to give people prototypes. Unless you want to pay what it costs for me to build one, which is $50. It will cost more when I sell them of course ;) You'd be surprised how simple this brooder is.

Back
Top Bottom