YO GEORGIANS! :)

I found a person near me with black, lavender, wheaten and blue wheaten AMs.
I picked up a lavender rooster just cause :)

And today I picked up a RIR rooster so I will be ready to hatch IF I get that incubator for Christmas.

I still don't know what I have for sure on those three Lav AM. I know one is a male and one has a small comb and one is iffy.....,but they all have pinkish combs. But, I have had other chicks who had pinkish combs from day one until they laid eggs, so, just have to wait and see. The little BCM who I was convinced was a male because it was the last to get feathers and at times had a pinkish comb, I am now convinced is a female. They are two months old and she has no more red comb and it is really small. Anyway, I asked you before, how are the little frizzles doing?

I still don't know what I have for sure on those three Lav AM.  I know one is a male and one has a small comb and one is iffy.....,but they all have pinkish combs.  But, I have had other chicks who had pinkish combs from day one until they laid eggs, so, just have to wait and see.  The little BCM who I was convinced was a male because it was the last to get feathers and at times had a pinkish comb, I am now convinced is a female.  They are two months old and she has no more red comb and it is really small.  Anyway, I asked you before, how are the little frizzles doing?

The frizzles, NN and Dillon are all doing great.
I've seen Dillon with several hens now, interested in seeing what I get once I can incubate.

On that thought, I am wanting to work the flick after some suspicious poops. I know if I use Wazine there is two week egg withdrawal for eating.
Will the eggs from that time frame be viable to hatch?

ATL in the hizouse. Just figured I'd let my GA presence known. Anyone know any Atlanta area breeders on here? I want to add to my flock.

Last edited:
Well am depressed and disgusted, when I went outside today I had a lone chicken come across my yard and rub against Mt leg and give me that pitiful look, so picked her up and assumed they came from my neighbors pen. When I went over their found at least two dead chickens in the run, and some free ranging and none of them had any feed or water. The brother of the owner cam out and said his brother wants to get rid of them and I told him he needs to get some water and feed for them. Bottom line, the one that came into my yard kept following me, so brought her back to the house and gave her food and water, she was starving and thirsty, and now have another hen an placed her in quarantine and hope in time can integrate her with my other hens. Feel so sorry for the other one at the neighbors with no food or water and just starving to death, but I don't have room for them. How can people treat any chicken or any animal like this ?

Well am depressed and disgusted, when I went outside today I had a lone chicken come across my yard and rub against Mt leg and give me that pitiful look, so picked her up and assumed they  came from my neighbors pen. When I went over their found at least two dead chickens in the run, and some free ranging and none of them had any feed or water. The brother of the owner cam out and said his brother wants to get rid of them and I told him he needs to get some water and feed for them. Bottom line, the one that came into my yard kept following me, so brought her back to the house and gave her food and water, she was starving and thirsty, and now have another hen an placed her in quarantine and hope in time can integrate her with my other hens. Feel so sorry for the other one at the neighbors with no food or water and just starving to death, but I don't have room for them. How can people treat any chicken or any animal like this ?

Does he really want to get rid of them? Maybe you could take them all and if you cant find homes for them, take them to the auction and sell them. Keep the money for your troubles. Poor babies. They would at least stand a chance if they were all free ranging. Can you call any authorities?

Back
Top Bottom