YO GEORGIANS! :)

I finally saw one of my broodies off the nest she has been sitting on for about two weeks so I ran down to see what was in there. Poor mom was sitting on four plastic eggs! I took those out and gave her some real ones. Another hen is sitting on three eggs, and one is due to hatch hers tomorrow. She has nine eggs. I never did candle them. Just will wait and see.

Can't wait to clean the coop! It is the worst it has ever been in all the years I've had chickens! All this rain is awful!

Who all has a coop with floors? Does it work for you? Pros and cons, please. We may move our coop up the hill a bit to get it up on higher ground and are thinking to build it off the ground. Any advise?
I have two with floors. Not sure what you're looking for but I have no issue with it and nothing to really report. Except that it's always dry. :)

Villa Rica, GA

Howdy neighbor.

Is anyone in the NW Georgia area interested in going to the Trion auction tomorow night at 7pm?
They will have sheep, goats, maybe llamas, chickens, ducks, sometimes turkeys, peafowl, pheasants.

I've had a great time both times I went, and all birds appear healthy, although I have yet to buy there.
Did sell a sheep that went for more than I expected.

Hmmm ... I have some waterfowl that I need to get rid of. Not sure I'll have a chance to make "throw away" cages, though.
I have two with floors. Not sure what you're looking for but I have no issue with it and nothing to really report. Except that it's always dry.
smile.png

I have both and have no strong feeling either way.

I finally saw one of my broodies off the nest she has been sitting on for about two weeks so I ran down to see what was in there. Poor mom was sitting on four plastic eggs! I took those out and gave her some real ones. Another hen is sitting on three eggs, and one is due to hatch hers tomorrow. She has nine eggs. I never did candle them. Just will wait and see.

Can't wait to clean the coop! It is the worst it has ever been in all the years I've had chickens! All this rain is awful!

Who all has a coop with floors? Does it work for you? Pros and cons, please. We may move our coop up the hill a bit to get it up on higher ground and are thinking to build it off the ground. Any advise?
floor in my coop, definitely a good thing to have their food 'inside' if you will. I put vinyl on the floor, and keep about 4" of straw in there. I have a poop tray under the roosts, so it's basically no clean. I don't think I've replaced the straw but twice this whole year. When I do, I can open the double doors and rake it out into the dump box on the back of the tractor and have new straw down in about 5 minutes.

floor in my coop, definitely a good thing to have their food 'inside' if you will. I put vinyl on the floor, and keep about 4" of straw in there. I have a poop tray under the roosts, so it's basically no clean. I don't think I've replaced the straw but twice this whole year. When I do, I can open the double doors and rake it out into the dump box on the back of the tractor and have new straw down in about 5 minutes.
Correction : Grass Clippings
big_smile.png

Built my coop @ 24inches off the ground, Giving the chickens a dry , little more secure area under the coop. Coop has wood floor, with linoleum and then bedding (chips) on top.

Back
Top Bottom