YO GEORGIANS! :)

I have a couple hens missing feathers on their butts (one has a big bald spot even) do you think this will work on them? I haven't IDd the culprit yet, though so I guess just use it on everyone?
yes it will help. After I put it on my rooster about three times, she stopped pecking at him totally.

On another note, I put a couple frosting buckets in for nest boxes for my AMs. They don't like them at all. I went out there earlier and all the shavings were out on the ground (yes I put a lip on the front) and one of the hens was sitting there on the board in front of it just looking at it. I put some hay in it thinking maybe she didn't like the shavings, but it didn't take her but just a minute to make sure all of that was out of there too. Looks like tomorrow, I'm building a couple of nest boxes, LOL

so I went back out and looked, she laid an egg in the bucket, but after she'd scratched everything out of it. This makes me think it's just not big enough to suit her. I know which one it was too, it was the one AM I wasn't sure I was getting eggs from before they stopped laying at Thanksgiving. Hopefully the rest will get started back in the next few days and I can collect some up for hatching

Hey Robo, do ducks stop laying for a specific reason?  All four of my females have stopped laying at the same time?  Is this normal?
All the ducks I've ever had only ever laid in spring/summer. I have always wondered if they are different when kept penned up? Or if it was just Pekins (my Mallards I would expect not to lay out of season)

Got a new egg today and it is really green. I think I mentioned a while back I have a hen that is a mix between a Bantam RIR rooster and a BCM hen. She lays a egg the size of my Wyandotte's egg even though she is a bantam. It just amazes me because she is so small. She looks like a bantam BCM. She is also the one that has been picking feathers out of my frizzle hen. I am taking the frizzle out tonight.

Blue egg is from my EE and the 2nd egg from the left is the bantam mix hen's egg and to the right of that is the SL Wyandotte egg. The little mix hen lays 5-6 eggs a week.

Got a new egg today and it is really green. I think I mentioned a while back I have a hen that is a mix between a Bantam RIR rooster and a BCM hen. She lays a egg the size of my Wyandotte's egg even though she is a bantam. It just amazes me because she is so small. She looks like a bantam BCM. She is also the one that has been picking feathers out of my frizzle hen. I am taking the frizzle out tonight. Blue egg is from my EE and the 2nd egg from the left is the bantam mix hen's egg and to the right of that is the SL Wyandotte egg. The little mix hen lays 5-6 eggs a week.
That is a VERY nice and colorful assortment of eggs!.

Got a new egg today and it is really green. I think I mentioned a while back I have a hen that is a mix between a Bantam RIR rooster and a BCM hen. She lays a egg the size of my Wyandotte's egg even though she is a bantam. It just amazes me because she is so small. She looks like a bantam BCM. She is also the one that has been picking feathers out of my frizzle hen. I am taking the frizzle out tonight.

Blue egg is from my EE and the 2nd egg from the left is the bantam mix hen's egg and to the right of that is the SL Wyandotte egg. The little mix hen lays 5-6 eggs a week.
cool! I like the olive egg. My two australorps lay eggs like your brown ones there, one a bit darker and the other not so much. I did get another AM egg today, that's two in the last 3 days, I'll have them for breakfast in the morning so I can see if there's a bullseye. If there is, I'm going to start saving up and fire up the incubator

Back
Top Bottom