YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hello CordleFarm! Welcome
frow.gif
What kind of chickens to you raise? I raise silkies and polish.

Welcome to the YO GEORGIAN! Group. I live in Newton County an hour east of the ATL
frow.gif

Well at least she is not a dunker like one of my whites. Her crest looks brownish black all the time...she is just pet quality so it's okay. If I have a silkie that is only pet quality I trim around their eyes so that they can see to eat and to protect them from predators. If it's a show silkie there is no trimming ever! You could try using hair tape to help her see. She does have a lovely crest Cindy
Ohh she is a dunker I have to wash her crest like 2X a day! Hahaha! It goes into mud, dirt, feed, and water! She is such a messy one.

THank you Jharper :) We are in Rome and are new to chickens. We have Isbars, Breda Fowl, black and chocolate Orpingtons, crested cream legbars, a Frizzle roo, a Sizzle roo, heritage Dominiques, one sweetie-pie Sultan hen, one bantam blue laced wyandotte, and have ordered a dozen double blue laced Barnevelders. WE are officially chicken-crazy!!

THank you Jharper :) We are in Rome and are new to chickens. We have Isbars, Breda Fowl, black and chocolate Orpingtons, crested cream legbars, a Frizzle roo, a Sizzle roo, heritage Dominiques, one sweetie-pie Sultan hen, one bantam blue laced wyandotte, and have ordered a dozen double blue laced Barnevelders. WE are officially chicken-crazy!!

I have three crested cream legbar eggs in the incubator right now. I don't know if any of you knew but we are dividing up my pen into 5 different parts. It's a 24'/18' 6' tall. I have ordered 3 silver penciled Cochin bantams, 2 GLW, 3 BTWJB, and 1 silver laced polish. Right now I have three broodies. One BA, 1 RIR with blue, splash, black silkies and some mix chicks. I'm keeping all females and 1 male. My black Cochin bantam has 8 chicks. My RIR has 10 chicks by the way. My BA is sitting on 11 eggs. I have 1 goose, 1 EE roo, one bluish colored cochin bantam chick/roo, 1 sultan chick, I did have a male and female. My male died and my hen was not show quality. I have a porcelain mystery bantam, 1 SDW OEGB, 2 LBOEGB, 1 HRIR, 2 white silkies, and one buff orp silkie mix. I believe I covered them all.

Just got rid of 28 chicks this weekend! My husband was having fits that I had 58 chickens/chicks and 2 runner ducks. So craigslist was called on. So now I have 20 chickens/pullets, 2 roos and 8 chicks left. Whatever chicks turn out to be roos will go also. The chicks are all super blue egg layers! Can't wait to see which ones are females! So far all of them but 2 have tail feathers already and they are only 5 days old! That's a very good sign in my book! What do you guys think? Has it been your experience that females feather in faster than males?

Welcome to BYC! I'm just 15 miles north of Rome. I'm new to chickens too. Welcome to the Crazy Chicken Family!
celebrate.gif

I go up toward High Falls and Griffin pretty often. I enjoy the chickens and other livestock at Indian Springs.

Just got rid of 28 chicks this weekend! My husband was having fits that I had 58 chickens/chicks and 2 runner ducks. So craigslist was called on. So now I have 20 chickens/pullets, 2 roos and 8 chicks left. Whatever chicks turn out to be roos will go also. The chicks are all super blue egg layers! Can't wait to see which ones are females! So far all of them but 2 have tail feathers already and they are only 5 days old! That's a very good sign in my book! What do you guys think? Has it been your experience that females feather in faster than males?

all my girls feathered out faster, and i feather sexed them all for fun and so far it looks like i'm right

Back
Top Bottom