YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hey everyone. Just providing an update. My favorite chicken, Kazooie did not make it. The vet called today and said she passed. There's no signs of disease. He thinks my other chickens are fine but told me to watch out for social behavior. He thinks she was just a weaker chick that was on the lower order of the pecking order. My other three do have big personalities and are kinda bossy so I'm not surprised. She was very docile. She was my favorite chicken. I didn't expect to be this sad over this but it's hard to take. I'm hoping it wasn't my fault for not noticing sooner but she really appeared fine up until that night before. Not sure if I'll get another one. He told me to not worry too much about it. It does happen. I've had other types of birds before who just up and died on me. Idk if I will get another chicken. Just worried about bringing one into the flock that can actually hang with the other girls. Bossy/Dominant is an understatement.

Hey everyone. Just providing an update. My favorite chicken, Kazooie did not make it. The vet called today and said she passed. There's no signs of disease. He thinks my other chickens are fine but told me to watch out for social behavior. He thinks she was just a weaker chick that was on the lower order of the pecking order. My other three do have big personalities and are kinda bossy so I'm not surprised. She was very docile. She was my favorite chicken. I didn't expect to be this sad over this but it's hard to take. I'm hoping it wasn't my fault for not noticing sooner but she really appeared fine up until that night before. Not sure if I'll get another one. He told me to not worry too much about it. It does happen. I've had other types of birds before who just up and died on me. Idk if I will get another chicken. Just worried about bringing one into the flock that can actually hang with the other girls. Bossy/Dominant is an understatement.

First of all, I'm sorry you lost her. But, one thing you will learn is that chickens hide illness quite well. Even we who have been keepers/breeders for many years can miss little signs. They can be very subtle. Chickens being prey animals hide weakness until they are very, very ill. Just keep observing and if your gut says something is wrong, investigate further. It's all you can do.

Last edited:
Hey, what ever happened to the idea of getting BYC t-shirts made for our group?
We just didn't get a designer

I think the idea got kicked around and I'm not sure what decision was ever made. If I can get through the next day or so of breakneck contract writing, I may be able to get something together with design and the machine.

I'm feeling a little blue this morning with two sick kids and going to sell two of my birds for the first time. I know it sounds irrational, but after hatching them I'm a little bit attached even though I know I can't keep a whole mess of roosters!
celebrate.gif
on the T-shirts and
hugs.gif
on the selll and sick kid

hugs.gif

so sorry to hear this news. these birds really are easy to get attached to. just take it slowly. if you ever want to add another bird, i'd be happy to give you one if i have anything you think would complement your flock.
love.gif

We just didn't get a designer

celebrate.gif
on the T-shirts and
hugs.gif
on the selll and sick kid

hugs.gif

PM me if you have ideas for a shirt. I maybe could get something together---do I have to own up to the fact that I still have a garment printing machine?!
lau.gif

I'm so put out with the person who was supposed to meet me to take the splash isbar and cream legbar boys. Confirmed by text that she wanted to meet at Tractor Supply at 9 am today and then never showed. It's frustrating. I don't care if nobody responds to an ad, but it is upsetting that I made it work with so much to do this morning and then with no word and no responding to texts just bailed. I'm just glad I didn't give out my address. Grrr...still stuck with these boys!!!

look how friendly mr. bielefelder is!!

Last edited:
PM me if you have ideas for a shirt. I maybe could get something together---do I have to own up to the fact that I still have a garment printing machine?!
lau.gif

I'm so put out with the person who was supposed to meet me to take the splash isbar and cream legbar boys. Confirmed by text that she wanted to meet at Tractor Supply at 9 am today and then never showed. It's frustrating. I don't care if nobody responds to an ad, but it is upsetting that I made it work with so much to do this morning and then with no word and no responding to texts just bailed. I'm just glad I didn't give out my address. Grrr...still stuck with these boys!!!
It is sad when people are so flaky and inconsiderate as to waste your time and not even bother to cancel. That person's name belongs in the twit file.

How many CCL cockerels do you have, and where are they from (a hatchery/or a breeder)? Also, if you can get a black Isbar pullet and pair it with your splash boy, you will get 100% blue Isbar chicks. That's a thought if you're interested in selling blue Isbar chicks or hatching eggs. Blues are the Isbars most people want.

It is sad when people are so flaky and inconsiderate as to waste your time and not even bother to cancel. That person's name belongs in the twit file.

How many CCL cockerels do you have, and where are they from (a hatchery/or a breeder)? Also, if you can get a black Isbar pullet and pair it with your splash boy, you will get 100% blue Isbar chicks. That's a thought if you're interested in selling blue Isbar chicks or hatching eggs. Blues are the Isbars most people want.

I have one CCL cockerel-- he will be 3 weeks old on Wednesday. He is from Orchard Hill in Griffin and they claim their stock is from Greenfire. I hatched him, well, three weeks ago almost! I do have my son's "special bwack chicken" who is an Isbar, and a suspected pullet but I am not sure I'm interested in breeding. My main goal had been to get a nice group of hens for what I would call my "foundation layer" group. My idea was to have an Isbar, CCL & the Bielefelder hen. Well, I think I've achieved 2 out of 3, but the laws of the universe being what they are, I also have these 3 boys---the Biel, the CCL and the Isbar. I had really wanted the colorful eggs to supplement the ho-hum medium white eggs of the Polish. I'm really at a point where instead of trying to sell them, I'd just like them to go to a good home even if they become eventual dinner. I am having the unexpected maternal feelings toward them even though I know it makes no sense to have so many roos in such a small flock.

As you know it's time for the Gam and Robo's BBQ at their farm, it is Saturday the 20th. It is open to all BYC Ga chapter peeps, so I need to know who can come, oh and I guess we can start invading the farm at 11, but come when you can, bring your own chair. And if you sign up to bring an item and something happens that you can't make it please let someone know so we can fill in what you were signed up to bring. Need directions please PM RoboDuck, That way if you get lost it's not my fault, lol
Again this year we have decided to do a hatching eggs swap, if you bring a dozen eggs then you will leave with a dozen eggs, you bring 2 dozen you get 2 doz. It is a mix and match you get to pick an egg for an egg type of thing. Don't have eggs come anyway, have eggs but don't want eggs back bring eggs, we love eggs and mutt chickens and we even let in the pure breeds.

Bring your Chairs, quilts or what ever you would like to sit upon, please no dogs, no alcohol we gotta keep it PG kids are about.

The T-shirt is still in the works so please post if you would like a shirt/shirt and what size, cost dunno yet that will come soon.

So the Menu items needed

Paper plates
Cups
Chips
forks etc
Hot dogs
hot dog buns
BBQ buns
BBQ I know is coming
chips
dessert
salad
charcoal
lighter fluid
ice
ice chests
Tea Sweet/unsweet
Soft drink or what ever you want to drink
Watermelon

have something you would like to bring and it's not on the list. List it, this is just to get us started and if you bring enough for you and your family plus 2 then we will have lots to go around. Want to bring extra that is ok too.
Always open to suggestions!!!!

Back
Top Bottom