YO GEORGIANS! :)

My little ones hanging out this morning. The Svart were being shy.

Attachments

• IMG_20170617_065329266.jpg
    IMG_20170617_065329266.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 5
Michael, were you able to pick out pullets from Orchard Hill or did you have to buy straight run? Seeing your chicks made me go read about them and check out Orchard Hill. Previously they had been on my "too expensive, don't even look" list. When I learned they were fliers I moved them out pretty quickly.
My little ones hanging out this morning. The Svart were being shy.

Michael, were you able to pick out pullets from Orchard Hill or did you have to buy straight run? Seeing your chicks made me go read about them and check out Orchard Hill. Previously they had been on my "too expensive, don't even look" list. When I learned they were fliers I moved them out pretty quickly.

When I texted Brandi at OH she said that she had 3 hens and 1 rooster so I just took them all. They were around 7 weeks old when I got them so they were able to be sexed. I'm not sure at what age the can be 100% accurately sexed. I'm still new to this breed myself. Maybe someone here can chime in on that. I did notice on day one that they are flighty, I chased one through the woods for 30 mins lol. As far as OH I'd recommend them to anyone. They are very nice and straight forward people.

Back
Top Bottom