YO GEORGIANS! :)

Thought I'd share my 98% completed coop! The rain came in so I wasn't able to finish the 2 doors yet, but have a large panel gate on both sides right now. The girls love it.
Oh it looks lovely! So roomy! ours is like a one bedroom condo compared to your set up, lol! We have a converted shed... my girls would be jealous if they knew this was an option... (don't tell them....) nice work!

Oh and I forgot to post about Bruce and his family coming Sunday to deliver my new chickens...we had a great time and enjoyed the visit!! Thanks y'all for coming here...
Hi Missy. We enjoyed the visit and the BBQ you prepared. @Mylied has competition; you also make a great potato salad!

I was glad to see first hand what a fantastic job you and KB did to clear the trees and brush and convert that old travel trailer into a chicken-coop palace. Your girls are gonna be spoiled even more than they already are! lol

Hope the girls you got from us are doing well and integrating into your existing flock. We're missing Bea in particular, but also the others. It's not easy saying goodbye to our pet chickens, but it does make us feel better that they found a home with you. We're family now, so we will be back to visit! :lol:

Hi Missy. We enjoyed the visit and the BBQ you prepared. @Mylied has competition; you also make a great potato salad!

I was glad to see first hand what a fantastic job you and KB did to clear the trees and brush and convert that old travel trailer into a chicken-coop palace. Your girls are gonna be spoiled even more than they already are! lol

Hope the girls you got from us are doing well and integrating into your existing flock. We're missing Bea in particular, but also the others. It's not easy saying goodbye to our pet chickens, but it does make us feel better that they found a home with you. We're family now, so we will be back to visit! :lol:
Mabel and Matilda are doing better...Bea in particular is now one of our special girls, we love her...the blind and lame girls are now named Dixie (lame) and Daisy ...kb has taken a special interest in Daisy ....anyway, little Blackie as we call her is doing ok. I'm taking the splint off in the morning to see how she is.

Bea does have a way of endearing herself. She's a smart one. Dixie and Daisy - I like those names! Daisy is due to lay any day now. I'm not sure how she's going to go about making a nest. Anyway, as long as she knows where to find her food and water, she's pretty much good to go. Being blind, she does get startled easily, but she enjoys being talked to and gently petted.

We used to put Dixie and Daisy outdoors during the day in a portable pen just so they could feel the earth under their feet and get some fresh air. However, Becky's Chocolate Cuckoo Orpington Cockerel (Smokey) was so in love with Daisy. He would hang out in front of Daisy's side of the pen for hours and do his chicken dance and offer her tidbits. He was clueless that she was blind, but I guess he thought she was playing hard to get, and that made him all the more interested. lol

If it weren't for Lisa, I would have culled both Dixie and Daisy long ago, but she wanted us to give them a chance, and both of those birds have impressed us with their resilience will to make a go at life. Glad to hear that the girls seem to be making the adjustment.

Bea does have a way of endearing herself. She's a smart one. Dixie and Daisy - I like those names! Daisy is due to lay any day now. I'm not sure how she's going to go about making a nest. Anyway, as long as she knows where to find her food and water, she's pretty much good to go. Being blind, she does get startled easily, but she enjoys being talked to and gently petted.

We used to put Dixie and Daisy outdoors during the day in a portable pen just so they could feel the earth under their feet and get some fresh air. However, Becky's Chocolate Cuckoo Orpington Cockerel (Smokey) was so in love with Daisy. He would hang out in front of Daisy's side of the pen for hours and do his chicken dance and offer her tidbits. He was clueless that she was blind, but I guess he thought she was playing hard to get, and that made him all the more interested. lol

If it weren't for Lisa, I would have culled both Dixie and Daisy long ago, but she wanted us to give them a chance, and both of those birds have impressed us with their resilience will to make a go at life. Glad to hear that the girls seem to be making the adjustment.
Im worried that Daisy has a Neuro issue...Im going to keep close watch on her for thriving...she is thin but seems good at this point, I just dont want her to be suffering needlessly...KB and I both love on her alot, as well as Dixie....oh, i forgot to mention, the jubilee's are Sunni and Cher...lol

Daisy went blind a few months ago soon after the rat snake bit her, so I'm sure she had some brain damage. However, after we isolated her, she continued to drink and eat on her own, and she hears well. One thing that she does is almost constantly is rotate her head from left to right. Another thing that she used to do was frequently preen around her neck area, but she quit doing that as much. One thing for sure is that she will never be able to make it on her own. I don't think she's suffering, but she does require a lot of care, and her quality of life isn't on the high end of the scale.

Back
Top Bottom