YO GEORGIANS! :)

Are you getting back into chickens?

I plan to have just five pullets and perhaps one cockerel for now. Lisa still wants to move to a larger homestead, so that plus a couple of other things are keeping me from getting back in full swing. It was tough for us to say goodbye to all our chickens. They are wonderful fowl. We had 80+ at one point last year.

We have three bee nucs on order, so we will start raising bees soon. It was Lisa's idea to get into the bees, but it looks like I will bee the bee man...lol :rolleyes: Actually, we're all looking forward to the bees. Wish we lived closer to you and Randy, so our bees could tap into that sourwood nectar flow in late summer. That's my favorite honey by far. If you ever decide to raise bees, you're in the perfect location for it.

I plan to have just five pullets and perhaps one cockerel for now. Lisa still wants to move to a larger homestead, so that plus a couple of other things are keeping me from getting back in full swing. It was tough for us to say goodbye to all our chickens. They are wonderful fowl. We had 80+ at one point last year.

We have three bee nucs on order, so we will start raising bees soon. It was Lisa's idea to get into the bees, but it looks like I will bee the bee man...lol :rolleyes: Actually, we're all looking forward to the bees. Wish we lived closer to you and Randy, so our bees could tap into that sourwood nectar flow in late summer. That's my favorite honey by far. If you ever decide to raise bees, you're in the perfect location for it.
For what ever reason, here at Longleaf you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Sourwood tree. @GAMarans

Back
Top Bottom