YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hi all! It's been a long time since I checked in here. Flower, glad to see you're still active on the board! I still have the SF X hen and roo I got from you years ago. Plus I added a baby boy to our family of girls, so now my husband isn't too outnumbered. All of my old hens have passed, so I just got in some new Jersey Giant chicks. I miss having them! I'm still in the Athens area, busy with the 4 kids!

Any of you GA ladies part of the Ladies Homesteading Group? I am considering attending the meetings of the Athens chapter & was wondering if anyone had experiences to share.

Hi all! It's been a long time since I checked in here. Flower, glad to see you're still active on the board! I still have the SF X hen and roo I got from you years ago. Plus I added a baby boy to our family of girls, so now my husband isn't too outnumbered. All of my old hens have passed, so I just got in some new Jersey Giant chicks. I miss having them! I'm still in the Athens area, busy with the 4 kids!
Congrats on the boy! I had 3 girls and then a boy, too! I just lost my last SF! Wish I could get a few more pullets! I love their coloring! Know anyone with some? Or hatching eggs?

Yay! My husbands friend asked me to hatch him some eggs! He only had 12 eggs, soooooo, maybe I should just add a few more :oops: to fill up the incubator! Don't you think that is the smart thing to do? :jumpy

338C53A5-72A5-4540-83C5-437BC678B9F0.jpeg
6C53E8BB-249A-44C3-AA09-34F3299402ED.jpeg
So, some of our renters just went home and left food here. There was a carton of store bought eggs. These are supposed to be grade A, but look at these two! That’s crazy!

I set eggs yesterday. Then noticed my new flat turner (it rolls them) wasn't working! I even marked the sides to see if they moved....nothing! Bummer, I was thinking! This is the one that hatched 100% of my duck eggs a few months back....so I was really sad. So I go down and get the old turner and put all the eggs over into it and go to take the flat turner out and realize it had not been plugged in!!! Silly me! :lau:th:oops:

Back
Top Bottom