YO GEORGIANS! :)

So, two of my broodies had their babies. One hen hatched 5 blue eggs.....surprised me with 4 Naked Necks and 1 Ayam Cemani mix! What???? I thought I would get some Crested Cream Legbars and Easter Eggers! Well, they ARE probably EEs since most of my Naked Necks lay blue or green eggs!
The second hen hatched 8 babies. 3 Naked Necks and 5 others. I've already sold 4 of the normal neck chicks! And, I'm keeping the one little blue muffed chick. So, I guess I will need to put an ad on Craigslist for all my cute Naked Necks!
Then, I also have 3 older chicks, hatched last week.
I thought we were finished with the broodies and lo and behold....I have 3 more broodies! That makes 14 broodies this summer! Don't tell my DH, but I've just put 8 eggs under one of the broodies. Tomorrow when DH is busy and not noticing what I'm doing, I will put eggs under the other 2!
IMG_9609.JPG
IMG_9611.JPG
IMG_9623.JPG
IMG_9624.JPG

Question: I have started putting chicken saddles on some of my hens whose backs are bare. It's rained a lot since then, but I'm not seeing dirt on the saddles. Does that mean the roosters are just not doing their thing with the hens with saddles? Does that mean the roosters don't like them and leave those girls alone? No fertile eggs from them? I may have to think about that if that's the case because I do sell hatching eggs. I always give extra, but I have a lot of girls wearing saddles now. (Mostly the NN rooster who is the one who is rough!)

Question: I have started putting chicken saddles on some of my hens whose backs are bare. It's rained a lot since then, but I'm not seeing dirt on the saddles. Does that mean the roosters are just not doing their thing with the hens with saddles? Does that mean the roosters don't like them and leave those girls alone? No fertile eggs from them? I may have to think about that if that's the case because I do sell hatching eggs. I always give extra, but I have a lot of girls wearing saddles now. (Mostly the NN rooster who is the one who is rough!)
Maybe you need to adjust the stirrups

Back
Top Bottom