YO GEORGIANS! :)

It’s complicated, like anything with college. Well I’m staying home for the Fall semester and do online classes then going back in the spring to finish my Last quarter then I’m hopping on being able to be free.

I think the last time I was on BYC I was trying to break my broody Cochin. She just stop being broody a day ago, oh my goodness it took so long I hope to get 2 eggs before she goes back

OK. Nothing chickeny, but time to brag! My DH and I have been dieting and Intermittent fasting! He didn't start until I had already lost 20 pounds. Well, he has caught up to me! We have both lost 37 pounds so far! So proud of him for jumping in there with me!
IMG_9638.JPG
Here are our before and after pics!

Still nothing chickeny.....but about ducks! Finally got the new ducks to the lake! The black and brown babies..... Yeah, and it took forever to get them to come home last night! But, I'm glad they discovered the lake which is where they belong! (Except at night and then they get locked in their coop!)
IMG_9650.JPG

OK. Nothing chickeny, but time to brag! My DH and I have been dieting and Intermittent fasting! He didn't start until I had already lost 20 pounds. Well, he has caught up to me! We have both lost 37 pounds so far! So proud of him for jumping in there with me! View attachment 1486800 Here are our before and after pics!
Y'all look great! Now he doesn't have to (and can't) hide behind you anymore when the camera is out. Keep the progress steady. I'm proud of y'all and almost to the point of being inspired!
Also, I love the duck picture and how it shows the older ones grouping up to check out what's going on with the youngsters.

Hi All!
Im new to the website and just had a question. I live down in the savannah/richmond hill area of the coast of GA and was wondering the best hatchery and breed of layer to get for a small plot of land i want to raise some birds on.

Thanks in advance

Hi All!
Im new to the website and just had a question. I live down in the savannah/richmond hill area of the coast of GA and was wondering the best hatchery and breed of layer to get for a small plot of land i want to raise some birds on.

Thanks in advance
There's a rabbithole of breeds to research! I have ducks but for any birds I go for most egg laying to least feed ratio. Do you want to be able to drive to a hatchery (don't think there are any big ones in the GA area but plenty of small breeders)? Or are you ok with mail order? I got ducks mail order and, while I am told the experience is rare, half died in shipping. I got refunded but still not a great experience. I hope to be able to drive collect any future duck additions, but I want specific breeds that are hard to find in GA. Good luck! Post pics when you get some!

Last edited:
Still nothing chickeny.....but about ducks! Finally got the new ducks to the lake! The black and brown babies..... Yeah, and it took forever to get them to come home last night! But, I'm glad they discovered the lake which is where they belong! (Except at night and then they get locked in their coop!)View attachment 1486802
We have a nice pond I wish we could let our ducks out on. But the main problem is it is in the fenced in portion we let out dogs out in. Second problem is it is not fed by a spring or anything, just rainwater runoff so in the hot dry summer time it can completely dry up. I think they will have supervised visits. But how will I get them in?! LOL! Need a giant pool skimmer ...

For some very interesting breeds try
www.sandhillpreservation.com
And, just to mention, I am hatching LCCreekside some of those rare breeds. I'm sure some will be for sale. We have Black Leghorns, Dorkings, Noregian Jaerhons, Lakenvelders, Black Sumatras and 1 Cubalaya eggs in the bator. (Plus some of my own mixes). If you think you might be interested in any of these breeds, let LCCreedside or me know! They are due in two weeks!

Back
Top Bottom