YO GEORGIANS! :)

so what incubator would be good to start with? and forgive me for sounding stupid but like if my neighbor has a roo and hens are her eggs fertile? so like if i got some from her i could try a first hatch with those before i lay out cash for expensive eggs?

so what incubator would be good to start with? and forgive me for sounding stupid but like if my neighbor has a roo and hens are her eggs fertile? so like if i got some from her i could try a first hatch with those before i lay out cash for expensive eggs?
yes That is how it works! I did the same thing, I had 5 eggs and only 1 hatched. I did a home made bator. I hear little giant brand is good.

yes That is how it works! I did the same thing, I had 5 eggs and only 1 hatched. I did a home made bator. I hear little giant brand is good.
o yay fun! this is all new to me and man have i caught it bad! we werent supposed to get any chickens until we moved

I have a Hovabator Genesis. It is just one of those Styrofoam ones, but it holds 42 eggs and seems to work well. I have a hatch due this Saturday! Got some eggs Thur the mail and 10 eggs from my neighbor's chickens. You can check the incubation anonymous thread on BYC. They talk about different incubators all the time.

Back
Top Bottom