YO GEORGIANS! :)

If you want to know how bad the weather is expected to be this time, or just how prepared Atlanta will be this time... I work for the post office, and they told me not to bother coming in tomorrow. I don't go back until Thursday, and even the start time that day is subject to delay. So we might be going in later.

You know when the post office says DON'T come in, they're expecting it to be serious!

So, a question that I could Google, but I shall ask here...

Do turkeys only breed seasonally?
Essentially, yes. SOME of them can lay year-round and usually in places like Florida, but up here, you're probably only get seasonal layers. They start a little later than chickens though, and will often still last through summer and fall.

If you were south of Macon, I would say there's a good chance they would lay year-round. I don't think Macon has ever seen snow, but don't count me on that!

If you want to know how bad the weather is expected to be this time, or just how prepared Atlanta will be this time... I work for the post office, and they told me not to bother coming in tomorrow. I don't go back until Thursday, and even the start time that day is subject to delay. So we might be going in later.

You know when the post office says DON'T come in, they're expecting it to be serious!

Well crap! I am expecting hatching eggs in tomorrow's mail :(

If the individual post offices get it, they'll still deliver it. But if the trucks don't bring it to the individual offices, they won't even bring delivery drivers in to work. Right now, they are preparing for no trucks. But if that is the case, your package will actually stay INSIDE at the main distribution center in Atlanta.

SON OF A.....

Not only do we have the ice issue down here, but now we have an escaped PRISONER in our area! I live about 3 miles away from the medical prison of Georgia, and a convict escaped early this morning. I saw lots of police cars rushing there as I drove to the gas station across the street, but didn't realize it was for THAT!

Thankfully, kids made it home safe, and we are inside with all doors and windows locked. I turned the chickens loose to free-range and find their own warm spot, as opposed to standing out there to feed them and/or affix heat lamps to prevent frostbite, with an escapee in the area.

Something is telling me to stay wrapped up in this electric blanket until Thursday...

today the hen and her new youngens are out and about in the chicken yard. shes introducing them to the rest of the world, but i dont think the cat we have had a happy greeting from the hen lol

SON OF A.....

Not only do we have the ice issue down here, but now we have an escaped PRISONER in our area! I live about 3 miles away from the medical prison of Georgia, and a convict escaped early this morning. I saw lots of police cars rushing there as I drove to the gas station across the street, but didn't realize it was for THAT!

Thankfully, kids made it home safe, and we are inside with all doors and windows locked. I turned the chickens loose to free-range and find their own warm spot, as opposed to standing out there to feed them and/or affix heat lamps to prevent frostbite, with an escapee in the area.

Something is telling me to stay wrapped up in this electric blanket until Thursday...
Omg! I hope ya'll stay warm and safe, and they catch him soon! That is so scary. I don't live far from the Ga State Prison, and we have had some escapees but none have come here Thankfully!

Snow, sleet, and rain here today! Went to the farm and the sides of the highway are freezing over a little. Despite all this, and my temperamental girls, I got 19 eggs today!!!! So happy I even did a little dance! The two babies are nice and cosy in the brooder. Anyway, I found a guy in winder with ten Easter Eggers!!! Planning to get them with this weather lets up!

Back
Top Bottom