YO GEORGIANS! :)

Oh no!!! I went to feed the peeps this morning, and I found my Scissors (scissor beak EE) hunched over near the food bowl. I picked her up and she didn't move, but her eyes were open. She was so light, I felt her crop, and it was empty!! She has a hard time eating because of her beak, but she gets mash with the others (fermented feed). She was fine yesterday! But I don't think she slept with the others last night.

:hit

I tried to feed her, but her eyes are closed and she won't eat. :hit I'm afraid she won't last the day. She's almost dead already :hit

she was my pet. :( I hate this!!

So is it too cold to put the chickens in the coop. Its supposed to be 37 low this week. Here is a picture if that helps. They are 5 weeks old now.

So is it too cold to put the chickens in the coop. Its supposed to be 37 low this week. Here is a picture if that helps. They are 5 weeks old now.

I keep reading that as long as they have all their feathers, they're good to go. Mine are 3 weeks today and I hope to put them out as soon as our coop is finished, which will probably be another 2 weeks. They're about to bust out of their brooder!

Oh no!!! I went to feed the peeps this morning, and I found my Scissors (scissor beak EE) hunched over near the food bowl. I picked her up and she didn't move, but her eyes were open. She was so light, I felt her crop, and it was empty!! She has a hard time eating because of her beak, but she gets mash with the others (fermented feed). She was fine yesterday! But I don't think she slept with the others last night.

hit.gif

I tried to feed her, but her eyes are closed and she won't eat.
hit.gif
I'm afraid she won't last the day. She's almost dead already
hit.gif

she was my pet.
sad.png
I hate this!!
Oh no! I'm so sorry! I never thought I would get attached to a chicken but I have a couple of favorites and would be heartbroken if something happened to one of them at this point.

My 2 cents: I would wait another week. Up here, it's supposed to dip down into the 20's in a few days. Personally I think they'll be ready at 6 weeks. I plan to start putting mine in the coop when they are 6 weeks, so long as it's no lower than 40's at night.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I never thought I would get attached to a chicken but I have a couple of favorites and would be heartbroken if something happened to one of them at this point.

Thank you. I just can't figure out how it happened. She was just fine yesterday, following me all over the yard, like usual. She wasn't sick or anything. Lots of energy. All I can think of is she didn't get enough to eat yesterday, then she spent the night on the cold ground beside the food bowl. The area is sheltered, but not enclosed, and it was pretty chilly last night, plus it was raining early this morning. It just bothers me that I may have been able to do something, if I had known... :(

On another note (getting my mind off Scissors)...

Pretty sure I've got 3 boys & 3 girls in my Light Brahma batch. They are 4 weeks old today, and 3 of them have a redder, wider comb than the others. That means I have 3 layers & 3 stewing chickens
hmm.png

Hopefully I have better odds with the SLW. It would be awesome if I have just 1 boy in that set. I'd love to breed SLW in the future.

Back
Top Bottom