YO GEORGIANS! :)

Fine chicken questions since people are complaining this place is dead :frow

I'm no wear near this age yet because none of my girls are laying yet but in the future I would like to hatch an egg or two...or more...Is it better to get an incubater or just let the chicken do it if someone is brody?

Here is my take on broody hen vs. incubator. If I am going to sell the chicks, I will use the incubator. It is really sad to take the chicks away from the mom. The moms literally moan for those babies for days. Heart breaking to me. If I plan to keep the chicks, I like to use the broodies.. They integrate the chickens into the flock as babies. I don't have to separate them at all. Makes it really easy.

IM STILL HERE!!!
frow.gif

Just taking care of chickens, trying not to lose any. i have the worst luck ever! so far so good, whew!

oh btw, i still cant tell if one of my EE's is a roo or a hen, that darn bird is so big but doesnt really have any waddles like my RIR roos. We are approaching egg laying age so we shall see what happens

Here is my take on broody hen vs. incubator. If I am going to sell the chicks, I will use the incubator. It is really sad to take the chicks away from the mom. The moms literally moan for those babies for days. Heart breaking to me. If I plan to keep the chicks, I like to use the broodies.. They integrate the chickens into the flock as babies. I don't have to separate them at all. Makes it really easy.
Thanks seems logical, poor hens

oh btw, i still cant tell if one of my EE's is a roo or a hen, that darn bird is so big but doesnt really have any waddles like my RIR roos. We are approaching egg laying age so we shall see what happens
rooster! At 3-4 months old, the boys well start growing in the pointed metallic saddle (back) and hackle (neck) feathers Also, there's a rooster behind him in the first pic

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom