YO GEORGIANS! :)

Just doing a test to see if my posts are being seen by others. Had a few posts here and there with no response so just checking. I don't know if it messes up when you go from tablet to phone or not.

It happens to the best of us. I have posted some amazingly witty things only to be snubbed. Of course my humor may be too sophisticated for some people around here. I won't mention names but their initials are carcar and GAM.

Been awhile since I've been on here! Has anyone ever not gotten eggs from their chickens for 3 months?

im in the midst of an egg drought of epic proportions here.. As far as my >1.5 year olds go..

Same thing here and it has to be more than the light because this is the first year of 3 that it has been this bad. I think the first cold snap hitting during molt is what did most of mine in.

Same thing here and it has to be more than the light because this is the first year of 3 that it has been this bad.  I think the first cold snap hitting during molt is what did most of mine in.  
that must be it

Daylight hours are too short.  Chickens need at least 14 daylight hours.  I have a light on in the coop that is on a timer.  Comes on at 4 am and off at 7am.  Even back at the end of Sept, we were only getting 10 hours of daylight.  Either wait until more daytime or add a light to your coop.

Thanks, but I probably won't add a light to the coop. I'll just let them lay when they want to:)

im in the midst of an egg drought of epic proportions here.. As far as my >1.5 year olds go..
I can't wait for mine to start laying again! Their eggs are so much better than store bought

A light will likely help ... I just think there was more than light involved in them stopping so early and so (almost) completely.

Y'all. I have had my Best. Hatch. Ever! Out of 10 EE that locked down, I have NINE!! BLRW didn't do well at all.. Four locked down and only one still alive and not even pipped yet. But oh well. EE's!! Plenty of EE's!!

I'll be right over to get them.
big_smile.png

Seriously though ... so glad you had such a great hatch.

Back
Top Bottom