YO GEORGIANS! :)

Some coop pics. Still needs a couple of tweaks. The nest boxes need the roof metal added & a couple of gaps in the door tightened up. The metal on the roof needs to be trimmed. It should've been done before I installed it but I knew the waiting game on that was gonna be too long and these birds really needed to be out of the house. It's a hot mess, but it's dry, clean and warm. A little too warm. I usually have a box fan strapped to the pop door so their first few days on house arrest won't be like living in an oven. You can see where I have a small piece of HC over the doorway so they can't get into the fan & so other animals can't get in. I close it up at night. I am slowly getting them used to being outdoors and ready for the run. They seem pretty happy so far. And every time I see Stanley I have to pick him up and love on him, then I don't want to put him back in. :lol:
Man I'm jealous this is too beautiful!

Hubby and I arguing guys cause I feel like I deserved a better coop and run! Now I'm crying! Am I being childish? I don't ask for much though!
my goodness, I don't think you are! there's always something you can do a little at a time to improve it though, just take one thing at a time to improve, that way it's not too much to do all at once, and before you know it you'll have what you want!

So the last 2 of our second flock disappeared last night...:( We're thinking coyotes because of the feathers left behind. On the upside, we ordered 10 new chicks that should be here the week of June 22!! Flock rebuilding.. Here I come

So the last 2 of our second flock disappeared last night...
sad.png
We're thinking coyotes because of the feathers left behind. On the upside, we ordered 10 new chicks that should be here the week of June 22!! Flock rebuilding.. Here I come
sounds like maybe y'all need to do some coop/run rebuilding first. Once those coyotes know there's food available there, they'll just keep coming back

my goodness, I don't think you are! there's always something you can do a little at a time to improve it though, just take one thing at a time to improve, that way it's not too much to do all at once, and before you know it you'll have what you want!

You're absolutely right! Rome wasn't built in a day!

Katiedarling your coop is so grand! You did an absolutely great job on it. How far apart are the up- pieces on your ramp? The first one I made I had put them about a foot apart. Only large fowl are in that coop but come winter I noticed the chickens would step then slide to the next one! Ended up putting another up-piece (the word for them has escaped me this morning) between each 12" one. I do believe they like it better cuz I don't see them slide between them coming down anymore. Gorgeous set up for your friends!

Katiedarling-your coop looks fantastic! I LOVE your impatiens. We had them around the house I grew up in. Would like to set them up around my house if I can find a shady area that the girls won't destroy. hahaha

sounds like maybe y'all need to do some coop/run rebuilding first. Once those coyotes know there's food available there, they'll just keep coming back
We're actually doing major renovations to the coop because we're moving to our farm. We're hoping to take the coop with us and it will be around the back or side of the barn with part of the run under a run in. Wire will be buried, put on the top of the run and doubled at least around the bottom. We've never had any issues with predators so this came as a shock to us

Back
Top Bottom