YO GEORGIANS! :)

We're actually doing major renovations to the coop because we're moving to our farm. We're hoping to take the coop with us and it will be around the back or side of the barn with part of the run under a run in. Wire will be buried, put on the top of the run and doubled at least around the bottom. We've never had any issues with predators so this came as a shock to us
sounds to me like you have it figured out then! good luck, and keep us posted on the progress. oh, and we like to see pictures
smile.png

not sure where in N GA you are, but we have a few who frequent here that sell chicks you could buy instead of ordering from strangers. Although, I have to admit some of us here are kinda strange too.....
gig.gif

@katiedarling - I agree that you may find out you need to put some more 'steps' on your ramp about halfway between the ones you already have. They won't like sliding to the next one at all. I think mine may be 6" apart and seem to work well for them

Last edited:
sounds to me like you have it figured out then! good luck, and keep us posted on the progress. oh, and we like to see pictures
smile.png

not sure where in N GA you are, but we have a few who frequent here that sell chicks you could buy instead of ordering from strangers. Although, I have to admit some of us here are kinda strange too.....
gig.gif

@katiedarling - I agree that you may find out you need to put some more 'steps' on your ramp about halfway between the ones you already have. They won't like sliding to the next one at all. I think mine may be 6" apart and seem to work well for them

Thanks!! I'll be getting more probably next summer so I'll definitely look into some of y'all! I will definitely be showing off the babies
tongue.png

These are a new bird for us so I am actually having to do research and plan ahead and such. Hoping for a successful hatch but also a little afraid of it as well ... even 85% of 196 is A LOT of birds. lol

These are a new bird for us so I am actually having to do research and plan ahead and such. Hoping for a successful hatch but also a little afraid of it as well ... even 85% of 196 is A LOT of birds. lol
but you can just turn them loose outside, you don't have to keep them all, LOL

What do you feed your hens that they run from your rooster?  Usually hens squat and submit.  lol!
my 14 week old chickens do not eat flour and if the rooster is i young or the same age as the rooster and he is new to breeding and has not dominated he she will run or fight back i have seen this happen you forget about that pecking order it rate butcit does happen,my 14 week old pullets one is running when my roo trys to breed and the other one fights him and yes they are pullets but as i daid they are new to this and he inly trying and he just started crowing last week.and the glour was for the little one at one time when i was having to give medication in there water.

Back
Top Bottom