YO GEORGIANS! :)

I'm with Flower, I don't add them until they're almost as big, and that depends on breed really. At least 14 weeks, normally about 16 weeks. I have my run divided and part of my coop inside divided, and the littles have their own spot in and out, here's the outside section, they have their own pop door, their own water source. . here's the inside view before bedding of course and the inside from the end, I can access the brooder/cage from either spot. Have the heat lamp permanently installed and wired in
I'm thinking I'll wait for a few more weeks and then do the big dog kennel with a smaller opening and their own food when I do add them and also I'll just stay out side and pay attention, My 4 babies are very very good together and hopefully they will out power the production red and her nasty attitude!

Quote:
Oh SURE.... everybody's got jokes.....
tongue.gif

Quote:
That's more like it.... I accept pity, empathy, moral support and cash. Thank You!

Can't remember if I posted about my hatch this weekend? So much going on with my family here. Had 26 out of 29 hatch! One is in the 'infirmary' with some kind of growth coming out it's butt. The one with the gimp leg is in with the others. Will see how it makes it.

And, those funky eggs are coming from my old hens....4+ years old who just started laying again.

Back
Top Bottom