YO GEORGIANS! :)

Once your extra roosters are gone you can take a few of mine.
lau.gif
I am sure I will have more Lavander AM roosters than I need but we shall see. I know I have 1 because when I walk in there one makes that warning call. I pray I only have 1 in that group! HA! What would you get if you bred the Lavender to a white chicken or one of your black ones? (Not looking for an answer, Just wanting PapaChaz to want to try it and see.)
wee.gif
Or you could take a French BCM rooster and since they come from really dark eggs you could have really dark OE like this.

I got yo back! I know, I know, Just selfless!
I would think there wouldn't be a difference in breeding a Lav AM to my hens in what I get from breeding the blue AM rooster. Sure do like the color on those FBCM eggs. I should be getting close on my welsummers, they hatched out Feb 18th

Hi Folks...back up and about building coops and working around the farm again after some health issues. I'm just now able to write about the loss of my best friend a couple of weeks back.
RIP Harry! He lived and traveled with me for over 17 years, hiking in the mountains, swimming in the oceans, fishing ,hunting or anything else I did.

crow trying to steal Harry's pepper

ball player

A few weeks back

That is heart breaking! The thought of losing my Jack Russell Kiko is to hard to even imagine. Harry lived a long and happy life but still know how bad you will both miss him.

anybody need to get rid of a bunch of chickens at once, here's your guy........probably gonna eat em, although he must have a big big family for the numbers he's quoting

http://nwga.craigslist.org/grd/5640807989.html

Yeah its probably the guy that sent me a message.. Wanting all the chickens I could sell him. Probably owns a restaurant or something. His name is Shankar. He said let him know and he would come pick them up Saturday. Uh naw! I don't have eatin chickens. Then again if he wants to pay me $65 for each Orust rooster, eat them if you want, they are a scrawny breed though.

Hello everyone. Today is hatch day. I am super excited about this one. We've got four cemanis and 1 biele. This is a good thing since my biele overheated the other day and died of a heat stroke. Apparently 103 was more than she could handle at 3 months old. Hopefully i get a few pullets out of this hatch.

Just rehomed my roosters today and found my one Black Star mamed by something. The other hens were not trying to get her when I found her and they seem a little startled. Does anyone know if she can be saved and how? Please help!

She's eating and drinking and i'very got her quarantined. I read a post about wound care and my only concern now is that her scalp is exposed and appears to be cracked open in a small spot. She may be just fine with some Bactine and Neosporin but I don't know.

Just rehomed my roosters today and found my one Black Star mamed by something. The other hens were not trying to get her when I found her and they seem a little startled. Does anyone know if she can be saved and how? Please help!
Sorry about your chicken, I wish I knew more to help but maybe one of these folks that treat their birds will chime in.

New coop. The last one I built was a hoop coop tractor so I took this another step and am building an insulated hoop coop. This is under my shed roof at my shop and will be fenced off to the lake on one side and the existing fence on the other side to separate from my free ranging BOs. This one is for 25 CCLs and they'll range behind my shop around the lake dam to a fence on the other side of the lake where I have EE. All the places where the wire is have panels to cover for winter time and the door has a panel that removes for summer. I still need to paint the outside, cover the foam insulation with the roll out foil bead insulation and then cover with a tarp. I have cheap paneling inside with a strip of heavy vinyl to connect in the middle. I have a 12 hole nest box and perches to install. The floor will be covered with 3 inches of compressed pine pellets that will be easy to pick each morning. I'll post some pic. when complete.

back with panel removed

Front with door not mounted

Inside with led light

side with cattle panels and insulation

Looking from this coop to my tractor at the garden

Back
Top Bottom