YO GEORGIANS! :)

Just rehomed my roosters today and found my one Black Star mamed by something. The other hens were not trying to get her when I found her and they seem a little startled. Does anyone know if she can be saved and how? Please help!
Really doesn't look that bad. Wash it as best as you can and use some antibiotic on it. Keep her by herself for a few days to keep the other hens from picking on her head. Watch to make sure she is eating and drinking. Watch for infection which may require oral/injectable antibiotics. Keep us informed. Good luck

Hi Folks...back up and about building coops and working around the farm again after some health issues. I'm just now able to write about the loss of my best friend a couple of weeks back. RIP Harry! He lived and traveled with me for over 17 years, hiking in the mountains, swimming in the oceans, fishing ,hunting or anything else I did. crow trying to steal Harry's pepper ball player A few weeks back
Oh, I'm so sorry :(

Ok. So 7 have hatched from the smashed eggs.
But the divider in my hatching tray isn't helping keep them separate. Evidently these chicks are determined to thrive!

Really doesn't look that bad.  Wash it as best as you can and use some antibiotic on it.  Keep her by herself for a few days to keep the other hens from picking on her head.  Watch to make sure she is eating and drinking.  Watch for infection which may require oral/injectable antibiotics.  Keep us informed.  Good luck

Thanks! I'm really hoping it's not that bad! We fostered a baby bunny that an owl tried to take about a year ago and had the same wound. It didn't survive which is why i'm so hopeful that chickens regenerate better than bunnies do! She's my favorite girl raised from birth!

Just rehomed my roosters today and found my one Black Star mamed by something. The other hens were not trying to get her when I found her and they seem a little startled. Does anyone know if she can be saved and how? Please help!

I've had one that came back from worse head wound than that and was fine. In her case it was the other hens that did it to her. We did the same as flowers said: clean the wound, neosporin, isolation. Take your time reintroducing them to the flock too.

I've had one that came back from worse head wound than that and was fine. In her case it was the other hens that did it to her. We did the same as flowers said: clean the wound, neosporin, isolation. Take your time reintroducing them to the flock too.

Thanks! The more I read up on it the better I feel about her chances!

Bummer! Feathersaloft came by to pick up some LA chicks and I was showing her my Polish and she mentioned one was a boy. Now, I know the difference between boy and girl Polish, but for some reason, I was just thinking her hair hadn't grown out yet! Yes, boy! Ugh. Is anyone interested in a Gold Laced Polish roo? Only about 2 1/2 months old.

Back
Top Bottom