YO GEORGIANS! :)

There was  guy in Rockmart selling SBEL hatching eggs (and New Hampshires) and I'll can't find him again.  His info on my phone is gone (after 2 phone switches) and I can't find any trace of him on FB anymore.

That sucks. I got this girl from a swap, and was just hoping she was what she looked like. If you want, I can throw a few of her eggs under my broody for you when we start them up? They'd be crossed with either polish or bantam EE though.

I do appreciate the offer but I'm a LF kinda gal. I do have some blue egg layers so I may play around with improving their production. My customers and my classes love the blue eggs. Well, they love the variety of egg colors ... but comment most on the blues.

I do appreciate the offer but I'm a LF kinda gal.  I do have some blue egg layers so I may play around with improving their production.  My customers and my classes love the blue eggs.  Well, they love the variety of egg colors ... but comment most on the blues.

The polish is a LF!... Sort of. XD
That's fine, I'm waiting to do a serious hatch until our Brahma/EE Roo matures anyway. He hatched in March and is already massive, but no where near mature yet.
This hatch would be just to test fertility, to get a few chick sales, and for fun. (Mostly for fun though!)

Some of the chicks I hatched this year. I have two CL roos out of nine that hatched, I sold the others. The Buffs are from an English BO roo and American BO hens. They are 9 weeks old and really large.

One of the CL pullets

That's a turkey cooker I made into a feeder and it doesn't take long to empty it.

I removed the fence from around the garden and the EE are working it over

Some of the chicks I hatched this year. I have two CL roos out of nine that hatched, I sold the others. The Buffs are from an English BO roo and American BO hens. They are 9 weeks old and really large.

One of the CL pullets

That's a turkey cooker I made into a feeder and it doesn't take long to empty it.

I removed the fence from around the garden and the EE are working it over
Beautiful birds!!!

How do you keep your chickens so clean? My are clay orange

Mine are mud brown. D:
We had a photographer friend of ours scheduled to come out to get pictures of our girls and we couldn't shoot half of them because they looked so dingy! I even bathed one of the white ones and she still looked grey-brown!

Anyone know where I can look into local swaps/sales? I'm just looking for one or two more girls that aren't huge but aren't bantam size to get my Betty back in the swing of things and get my egg count up...we're using almost all of them now and I would like to sell some to cover feed costs. Our local TS was having one, can't be sure if it was today or next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom