YO GEORGIANS! :)

Woke up to 9 out of 12 hatched so far. Excuse the scratched up tote.
tongue.png

Been missing seeing baby chicks but sweet hubby started hatching for some RS large fowl for me. Well the rooster must be a boy producer because so far it's a 2 to 1 boy to girl ratio..... But just two days ago, I got a pic of a "sneak" in egg he put in the incubator..... for me and I think it might be a paint, seriously.... the mother is solid black and the dad is a Judy Jones King lavender and this is the baby and yes, I know it is from that pen and the pen presently only has one mamma and one daddy....... I have heard that under the right circumstances some of her lavs have fathered paints...... this is a very young pic but what do you think....
Also "she" is only days old and I suppose permanent feathers could turn...... The wait begins and I'm praying for her health and growth...

Curious if anyone else is seeing an upswing in the count of predators. but we were nearly zeroed out of our saxony ducks by a wild panther - no joke. He was caught on cameras several times by a neighbor. Best we can figure there was a mother training cubs and a father, because some were consumed, some just destroyed and the survivors hidden by the massacre. I learned fully about it as I wrote in our farm blog in bits and pieces as I was very sick during the attack time. I wrote the blog to warn others that the wild panthers released by florida are apparently spreading throughout the state. Local farmers have lost livestock to them this year as well. My husband rightfully protected me about the full attack and I still never want to see pics of this pen. Anyway, add that to our predator list, raccoons are out and ready, red fox and opposums every present, raccoons, silly snakes eating eggs and occasionally babies! now we have four hawks that have taken up residence which is most unusual as we have greatly reduced our birds and all animals and the only free rangers are the guineas for the gardens. In the past the hawks were run off by the blackbirds but our blackbird population seems to have reduced. The mockingbirds would also occasionally join in the chase. So, Anyone else noticing the sudden increase in Ga predators???? Hubby now says that near Albany there have been monkeys spotted in the trees and confirmed report. Maybe the circus lost some monkeys. Now monkeys would love our apples, blueberries and fruit and could probably damage some of the plants as well in the way of veggies.... We know that there is a bear confirmed sighting in Black Jack mountain area which is only a short distance away. Can you believe it? So does any one know anything about the Albany Monkeys? I'm only hoping he's joking..........

Curious if anyone else is seeing an upswing in the count of predators. but we were nearly zeroed out of our saxony ducks by a wild panther - no joke. He was caught on cameras several times by a neighbor. Best we can figure there was a mother training cubs and a father, because some were consumed, some just destroyed and the survivors hidden by the massacre. I learned fully about it as I wrote in our farm blog in bits and pieces as I was very sick during the attack time. I wrote the blog to warn others that the wild panthers released by florida are apparently spreading throughout the state. Local farmers have lost livestock to them this year as well. My husband rightfully protected me about the full attack and I still never want to see pics of this pen. Anyway, add that to our predator list, raccoons are out and ready, red fox and opposums every present, raccoons, silly snakes eating eggs and occasionally babies! now we have four hawks that have taken up residence which is most unusual as we have greatly reduced our birds and all animals and the only free rangers are the guineas for the gardens. In the past the hawks were run off by the blackbirds but our blackbird population seems to have reduced. The mockingbirds would also occasionally join in the chase. So, Anyone else noticing the sudden increase in Ga predators???? Hubby now says that near Albany there have been monkeys spotted in the trees and confirmed report. Maybe the circus lost some monkeys. Now monkeys would love our apples, blueberries and fruit and could probably damage some of the plants as well in the way of veggies.... We know that there is a bear confirmed sighting in Black Jack mountain area which is only a short distance away. Can you believe it? So does any one know anything about the Albany Monkeys? I'm only hoping he's joking..........
No idea about the monkeys but with no rain and food for the little varmints the big ones gotta find something to eat, We have had a fox barking in the yard the last 2 nights but they can't get to my girls!! but needless to say if I get close enough it's gonna eat some lead. It's so dry around here some of the cow owners are having to truck in water for the heard, the little creeks and streams are drying up. Please everyone pray for rain

Help please!
Hi folks...One of my 18-week-old pullets has what I think is a breathing problem. When she inhales there is a raspy growl type sound and when she exhales it sounds like a kitten meowing. I gave her a little Nutri-Drench by mouth and I swabbed some VetRX into the roof of her mouth and the Q-tip came out with a little blood on it. I have her isolated but really don't know what to treat her for. If you know anything about her symptoms or how to treat her, please reply. This is my first sick chicken. Thanks!
How is your girl?

Back
Top Bottom