YO GEORGIANS! :)

I would really need some that is ready to go on the ground if any one has anything that they can part with.

I only have chicks right now, sorry. They're older chicks. 4-6 weeks at least. They're already outside though with a broody hen and have been for weeks, so I'd think they'd be OK to go outside as long as they have a place to huddle together.

I wondered how Georgia is doing with the fires that are sprouting about. We have had a fire near our area coming from a surrounding county that apparently originated in North GA. Last night, the smell was so intense in the House that I walked about the farm at 3:00 am. Our poultry are all in mobile tractors but our goats are in a stationery pen at night and I was worried for them. We really really need rain.

As relates to poultry, as there is much dust and winds about I wonder if I should try to block a side of their mobile trailer. Normally I would do that with Hay bales, so I don't want anything around them that would be tinder for a fire. We have been clearing all the fence lines and leaves around the house and animal housings as much as we can. I cannot think of any more prevention I can do. I think I need to buy a baby monitor with a fire alarm that would communicate with our house for the goat barn. Well, I'll sleep again after we have some good rains.... Also, I just posted an ad.... Looking for a Wheaten Marans rooster or cockeral. If you have any ideas on availability of these, please please let me know....I know that I have sold eggs all across Georgia and the wheatens are sex linked but no one seems to have an extra roo! Mine was a Bev Davis and just so Gorgeous!!!

I hope it's okay but Northwest GA news has a good article about the spreading of georgia fires. And apparently there is also a search for a suspect in the setting of fires mentioned in here as well. On Friday, law officers in Rabun County looking for a man in a dark blue SUV last seen where a handful of fires began. Be careful and alert and let's home this rampaging fires stops soon!

I wondered how Georgia is doing with the fires that are sprouting about. We have had a fire near our area coming from a surrounding county that apparently originated in North GA. Last night, the smell was so intense in the House that I walked about the farm at 3:00 am. Our poultry are all in mobile tractors but our goats are in a stationery pen at night and I was worried for them. We really really need rain.

As relates to poultry, as there is much dust and winds about I wonder if I should try to block a side of their mobile trailer. Normally I would do that with Hay bales, so I don't want anything around them that would be tinder for a fire. We have been clearing all the fence lines and leaves around the house and animal housings as much as we can. I cannot think of any more prevention I can do. I think I need to buy a baby monitor with a fire alarm that would communicate with our house for the goat barn. Well, I'll sleep again after we have some good rains.... Also, I just posted an ad.... Looking for a Wheaten Marans rooster or cockeral. If you have any ideas on availability of these, please please let me know....I know that I have sold eggs all across Georgia and the wheatens are sex linked but no one seems to have an extra roo! Mine was a Bev Davis and just so Gorgeous!!!

I hope it's okay but Northwest GA news has a good article about the spreading of georgia fires. And apparently there is also a search for a suspect in the setting of fires mentioned in here as well. On Friday, law officers in Rabun County looking for a man in a dark blue SUV last seen where a handful of fires began. Be careful and alert and let's home this rampaging fires stops soon!
My girls can get up high to get a break from the dust, but if they didn't then I would put plastic up just because I get all stuffed if I breath a lot of dust,but then that is me

Check out this olive egg. I think it is from the offspring of my blue egg laying BCM crossed back with the BCM rooster. Can't tell for sure since she is still in the pen with the mutts. But it's got a nice color.

Back
Top Bottom