YO GEORGIANS! :)

So, ended up with 53 chicks. My friend came and got his 23 Saturday. The renters want to take 8 home to South Georgia! I will let them grow out a bit and then advertise them. Here is one with an abnormality. Do you see it? I will keep it. Love different things!

So, ended up with 53 chicks. My friend came and got his 23 Saturday. The renters want to take 8 home to South Georgia! I will let them grow out a bit and then advertise them. Here is one with an abnormality. Do you see it? I will keep it. Love different things!
Must be part silky! I got a chick like that from my silky one hatch. Out of three chicks one had 8 total toes, one 10, and one 9! Can't wait to see what all these beauties look like growing up.

They are mixes.  The parents are purebred, but dads were either my huge Brahma or Lavender Ameraucana.  Any chick with the feathered legs are from the Brahma.  Some may be frizzled.  Some are adorable Naked Necks!  I did get a few purebred Lavender Ameraucanas!  Yay!  These are from eggs before I sold my Lavender Ameraucana pair.  I will be keeping those to see what they are.  I sell them for $3 each. 

I checked today and it looks like she may have actually hatched a couple. I peaked yesterday and I thought they were dead! She is a first time broody and piled poop in the corner of the nest box. She broke an egg early on and the rest were dirty. I didn't think any would survive. I going to leave her alone another day and then see what happens. I'll keep you posted!
How many lavenders did you get?!?! Congrats!

I checked today and it looks like she may have actually hatched a couple. I peaked yesterday and I thought they were dead! She is a first time broody and piled poop in the corner of the nest box. She broke an egg early on and the rest were dirty. I didn't think any would survive. I going to leave her alone another day and then see what happens. I'll keep you posted!
How many lavenders did you get?!?! Congrats!
When I have a dirty hen I clean up after her, move her to one side clean and then move her back, she will not be happy but least the babies are in a clean environment and with it getting cold they don't need to get wet.

I just had ANOTHER person back out on me while I'm trying to sell this rooster, and now that my Brahma cross is putting some size on he's starting to beat the bantam up so I can't keep him much longer! What is with people?!?!

I'm just about to give him away for free now just to get him into a happier situation, so if anyone here is interested in a bantam Easter egger let me know ASAP! Like... today or tomorrow! He's black, but a genetic silver because he gave me a couple silver pullets.

Two didn't make it out, but 4 hatched!

So, the renters bought 9 chicks to take home to south GA. My friend took his 21 chicks. (Paid me $1 each for hatching them) . So that should leave me 23. Anyone interested?

Back
Top Bottom