YO GEORGIANS! :)

Okay Georgians, mom just threatened to take our 2 roos to the "swap meet" which is an empty parking lot meet-up for junk/treasure hunters on Thursdays... I thought we had more time, as they haven't started crowing yet (we aren't zoned for Roosters)... but she's "tired of feeding the freeloaders!"
:barnie
Before they get sold for meat pots, does anyone here want a purebred Wheaten Marans Rooster (for a decent price) or a free Olive Egger (WM and Ameraucana cross)??? They are 4 months old. Eagle is the Marans, he's already protective of the little girls, but will still eat from your hand and will come running to "here, here!" Patches, our pretty boy, has been pecked/picked on by Eagle, so he has a bald spot on the back of his head. He used to sit on my shoulder and loved to come up to be held, but the bullying has made him hang at the back of the pack now. He's been Blu-Koted, and is healed, with new feathers coming in just fine. Would love to see him have a happy home!

We're in Dade County, GA... but I work in Chattanooga,TN, so I'm willing to meet in either state. I'll put in the "sale" Forum too, just wanted to offer to the locals first! 20170829_142750.jpg 20170827_090845.jpg

Okay Georgians, mom just threatened to take our 2 roos to the "swap meet" which is an empty parking lot meet-up for junk/treasure hunters on Thursdays... I thought we had more time, as they haven't started crowing yet (we aren't zoned for Roosters)... but she's "tired of feeding the freeloaders!"
Before they get sold for meat pots, does anyone here want a purebred Wheaten Marans Rooster (for a decent price) or a free Olive Egger (WM and Ameraucana cross)??? They are 4 months old. Eagle is the Marans, he's already protective of the little girls, but will still eat from your hand and will come running to "here, here!" Patches, our pretty boy, has been pecked/picked on by Eagle, so he has a bald spot on the back of his head. He used to sit on my shoulder and loved to come up to be held, but the bullying has made him hang at the back of the pack now. He's been Blu-Koted, and is healed, with new feathers coming in just fine. Would love to see him have a happy home!

We're in Dade County, GA... but I work in Chattanooga,TN, so I'm willing to meet in either state. I'll put in the "sale" Forum too, just wanted to offer to the locals first! View attachment 1124023 View attachment 1124026

Nice looking birds.
I don't need any more roosters. Just wanted to remind you that you need a Poultry license to sell chickens at public swaps or sales. Sometimes the Dept of Agricultural shows up to make sure you have one. Good luck with your birds!

Nice looking birds.
I don't need any more roosters. Just wanted to remind you that you need a Poultry license to sell chickens at public swaps or sales. Sometimes the Dept of Agricultural shows up to make sure you have one. Good luck with your birds!
Oooooh, I love that tidbit of info! I'll try to keep the boys from the Thursday deadline with that...
thank you!!!

We're in Dade County, GA... but I work in Chattanooga,TN, so I'm willing to meet in either state. I'll put in the "sale" Forum too, just wanted to offer to the locals first! View attachment 1124023 View attachment 1124026
Your best bets for selling/giving away your cockerels are Craigslist and FaceBook. You may get someone to buy your Marans, but you'll probably have to give him away. I just gave away several show-quality Marans cockerels. My only alternative was to process them, and we decided not to go that route.

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck! Hope someone buys Eagle!

Thought I'd share my 98% completed coop! The rain came in so I wasn't able to finish the 2 doors yet, but have a large panel gate on both sides right now. The girls love it.

Attachments

• 20170828_103801.jpg
    20170828_103801.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20170827_103759.jpg
    20170827_103759.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170828_215453.jpg
    20170828_215453.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170818_090550.jpg
    20170818_090550.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170818_090536.jpg
    20170818_090536.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170818_090514.jpg
    20170818_090514.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 3
The rain & hatching fever have arrived! I'm expecting a load a blue birchen marans eggs & am so excited.

I have just 4 weeks to go before having my white polish bunch certified NPIP & that will close the loop on any outstanding/untested or uncertified birds. The Isabel orps are growing out beautifully--their mauve tone is just lovely. I'm not positive, but I think I'll get a quad out of them so it's pretty exciting.

The new interior of the roost house is looking good. I convinced the Mr. to install a distressed look faux wood on the inside for easy cleaning. I just know they'll love the new nesting boxes already fitted out with fresh straw & dried herbs. The next step is to landscape the outside so it blends in with our fire pit & entertaining area a little better.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Back
Top Bottom