YO GEORGIANS! :)

ACE49CCE-D98D-43BD-AB09-408AA81183D9.jpeg
96371C2C-97DC-4894-AF3C-D5FFBF1964AE.jpeg
Would a hen be able to hatch eggs in any positions other than on their sides? Does anyone know if hatcheries position eggs and if so, how?

Good luck with quick sales on your extra chicks!

Hens turn their eggs about 80 times a day. All different directions

View attachment 1511296 View attachment 1511297

Hens turn their eggs about 80 times a day. All different directions
I had no idea they moved their eggs so much. They really earn their chicken feed.
Those incubators you posted this evening are not your latest acquisition are they? I'd like to see the look on RH's face when the truck pulls up to unload those.

Speaking of broodies, I have 5 right now. That makes about 25 this summer!

Is that about 1/2 of your flock? Have most of your broodies been similar breeds or mixes?

Our hens are still molting heavily and we're only getting about 20% egg production compared to before they began molting.

Hey guys! We recently got a hen who was the favorite hen for about 5 rooster! She laid an egg, and I’m hoping it’s fertile. I’m trying to get my Wyandotte to go broody, but no luck so far. If all else fails, is there anyone in the Woodstock/Acworth area that might be will to try a hand at incubating the egg?
Save up a few and I'll do it for you. The incubator is running all the time, so what's a few more eggs. BTW, I work in Acworth.

Back
Top Bottom