YO GEORGIANS! :)

IMG_20190808_091258.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190808_090705.jpg
    IMG_20190808_090705.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 4
Hello from around Dallas
AB08D947-6CC4-4C82-952D-E7BDD8E280E3.jpeg
, GA! I have a 21 week old Partridge Plymouth Rock pet Roo that I need to rehome. He was supposed to be a she - lol! He is absolutely beautiful, and has not began to crow yet, but definitely has started to show his roo-tendencies. Anyone interested in a beautiful pet boy?

I just recently joined the forum and yes I live in Georgia! It's nice to see other people on here from Georgia. I am not a chicken mom, I am a very new duck mom and I am loving it so far!
Me too. I acquired 5 "supposed" young female Pekin ducks. Weeks later I discovered two with telltale "male" tail feather curl; also noticed one of them riding a female on yesterday. I know I got the best deal - an instant flock: my egg is getting fertilized from the one female which lays about every day, and I won't have to buy a drake. Guess it didn't pay for them to try to beat me out of anything; good triumphed and I'm loving it. All the best to you in your endeavors. Quack, quack to you and have a wonderful day.

Me too. I acquired 5 "supposed" young female Pekin ducks. Weeks later I discovered two with telltale "male" tail feather curl; also noticed one of them riding a female on yesterday. I know I got the best deal - an instant flock: my egg is getting fertilized from the one female which lays about every day, and I won't have to buy a drake. Guess it didn't pay for them to try to beat me out of anything; good triumphed and I'm loving it. All the best to you in your endeavors. Quack, quack to you and have a wonderful day.
Glad you are happy....for future purchases.....a female duck will begin to 'quack' at 4 weeks old. Males continue to make peeping sounds. The curl doesn't happen until they are about 4 months old. And, if you have too many males to one female, she can literally be 'serviced' to death. May be time to get more females or rehome extra males.

Hey there! Griffin resident here! Im looking for people/a place that have button quails near Athens georgia? A friend loves chickens/birds and i think it would be nice to see some!

I have to many males and I have to re-home one of my beautiful boys. I call him Gentleman Jack, he is a sweetheart. He is about 3 1/2 months old, will eat treats from your hand, love to play in sprinkler or a gentle spray from the hose, and is curious about everything. He is a Black Swedish and Cayuga mix and weighs about 5.5 lbs. I will send him to his new home with a small bag of food and some of his favorite meal worms. I am also asking for a re-homing fee to make sure he goes to a good home and because I have raised him from just a couple of days old. I live in Lawrenceville, Ga and I am willing to drive and meet up with in a reasonable distance to find him a new home. I have also posted him on craigslist because I would like to re-home him, not eat him. I am not ready for that stage just yet.
2019-07-27 11.09.17.jpg 2019-07-28 11.48.00.jpg 2019-08-14 17.51.37.jpg

Evening everyone, so I went property shopping in Dawson and Lumpkin today. I am noticing an overwhelming number of neighborhoods that do not allow chickens/poultry to be kept. Our favorite property of the day has absolutely no rules, no HOA and no standards for building EXCEPT no trailers and no poultry. What gives? My only thought is they are trying to prevent baiting black bears into the community. Anyone know for sure?

Evening everyone, so I went property shopping in Dawson and Lumpkin today. I am noticing an overwhelming number of neighborhoods that do not allow chickens/poultry to be kept. Our favorite property of the day has absolutely no rules, no HOA and no standards for building EXCEPT no trailers and no poultry. What gives? My only thought is they are trying to prevent baiting black bears into the community. Anyone know for sure?
I live in Dawson County. I have no rules! And, yes, we have bears, but with the right coop, no problems! Where in Dawson County did you look? I'm right near Amicalola Falls State Park.

Back
Top Bottom