YO GEORGIANS! :)

Pullets I agree but I dunno about cockerels being on demand. I’ll see.

Waaa!! My husband hates returning stuff. Once we bought a crappy greenhouse for $100. Came with a missing piece but he had already built it and didn’t wanna take it down. We never used it and now it’s destroyed. We shoulda just taken it down, returned it and not gotten a replacement. But with these times we’re a little more conservative when it comes to spending money and returning things that don’t work right away.
Ya it’s a 35 minute drive for me to get to the feed store so over all it wasn’t probably worth returning lol

Ya it’s a 35 minute drive for me to get to the feed store so over all it wasn’t probably worth returning lol

Oh wow!! Yeah I probably wouldn’t have bothered unless I was really tight on money and even then the gas to go would have eaten up the refund.

So I bought 6 Easter Eggers from TSC back in Feb/Mar. They were straight runs so not surprised I got 4 males and 2 females (just happy I got any females at all).

I’m obviously going to keep the 2 females. I also have plans to keep one rooster. My question is: should I eat the other 3 or sell them? I don’t plan on giving them away because I can eat them but I wouldn’t mind selling them to break even or a tiny profit on raising them.

Are Easter Eggers even on demand since they’re really mixes? They do have somewhat puffy cheeks 😂 I’ll post pics later.
I don't feel you'll make a profit on easter egger cockerels. You'll be lucky to get a few bucks. Have you processed an egg laying breed before? They are pretty thin compared to what you get at the grocery store. Plus tough if you don't cook it right. I give them away as soon as they show they're boys. I used to process them but have since decided they are not worth the effort. I'll also turn them into pig food sometimes. I'm on a facebook poultry sale page and there are roosters every day on that page. They aren't in demand sadly.

Is there anyone in Decatur, Ga.? I am trying to get a group together so we can go in and but the New Country Organic Chicken feed en mass to get the bulk discount. I am working with a local feed store owner.

Let me know :). Maybe we can get a chicken club going and have competitions.

I don't feel you'll make a profit on easter egger cockerels. You'll be lucky to get a few bucks. Have you processed an egg laying breed before? They are pretty thin compared to what you get at the grocery store. Plus tough if you don't cook it right. I give them away as soon as they show they're boys. I used to process them but have since decided they are not worth the effort. I'll also turn them into pig food sometimes. I'm on a facebook poultry sale page and there are roosters every day on that page. They aren't in demand sadly.

Thank you. That answers my question. I’ve processed a half White Leghorn and half Australorp cockerel* before. I thought he was delicious. But I’m also not in the business of mass producing chickens for meat and seeing if there is a good* feed to weight ratio.

So I would think those Easter Egger roos will be just as delicious 😂

Thank you. That answers my question. I’ve processed a half White Leghorn and half Australorp cockerel* before. I thought he was delicious. But I’m also not in the business of mass producing chickens for meat and seeing if there is a good* feed to weight ratio.

Yes, I think it'd be comparable. I've processed ees before. I just raise some cornish cross for chicken meat. They are sweet birds. I did process a few buff Orpington roos and they were very filled out. I don't do the cost things on chickens. I have been somewhat keeping track on my ducks out of curiosity.

Always go the true southern route everything is good fried. Lol

I remember someone here was looking for Heritage Rhode Island Reds. Forgot who. But my husband’s friend came across someone in Colquitt GA. Now I’m not sure if it’s legit HRIR but he said they were some of the biggest birds he’s ever seen. Anyway, if it was someone on here let me know.

Hi!

No longer in Japan, kinda in Georgia now~ Anyways...

I'm living in an apartment on the perimeter and really want to incubate eggs. SO! If anyone here wants chicks from a particular place that only sells hatching eggs, I'd be happy to incubate them for you.

Back
Top Bottom