Yokohamas--are we hes?

PrettyDozen

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 19, 2010
Tennessee
First of all hi!! (I'm new here, although I've been pouring over the site for months) I'm hoping you can help me figure out if my yokohamas are boys or girls. I'm pretty sure that I already have one cockerel, although I don't know for sure because he isn't crowing. He just seems like a boy. I'm hoping I don't end up with three roos, as I do have neighbors. Anyhow, what do you think?

Here's Suki. She's about 2 months old.

63538_bunny_and_chicks_016.jpg

And Hokato. Also about 2 months old

63538_bunny_and_chicks_022.jpg

And the two of them together (Hokato is on the left)

63538_bunny_and_chicks_021.jpg

And just for the fun of it, here's Luna. He (I'm assuming) is 4 months old. A comb is starting to form - although you can't see it for all the feathers, but he's still just chirping (for lack of better word). I don't know.

63538_bunny_and_chicks_009.jpg

63538_bunny_and_chicks_014.jpg

Thanks for your help!

On the silkie I have no idea but those two yoko's are definitively males..they have the red brown shoulder marks..they will be beautiful longtails..
smile.png
to bad im too far away I could have taken any yoko male you didn't want and trade you some females..or I have a friend that is looking for a yokohama cockerel..beautiful birds by the way I really like the silkie wish I knew more about them..

Aww!! Too bad!! Because I love them all, but they're cooped up so much of the day and I just don't have enough space for them to run (or enough hens for that matter). Bummer!

Anyone want to take one off my hands? : )

Just noticed that you need to get rid of them. Where in TN are you located? I live just across the GA line from Chattanooga. Maybe I can help you out.

Back
Top Bottom