You CAN keep live grass in the run!

What a great Idea
thumbsup.gif

I am so doing this. We are building a new coop at the new farm over the next couple weekends and I was trying to figure out what sizes to make the grass boxes. Thanks a bunch for the info about the sagging over two feet! Makes me glade I did not buy the 4 ft wide hardware cloth tonight. Would 6-8 foot long be okay you think?

Seems like an old screen door would serve the purpose for this and one could just add the 2x4s blocks at the corners for elevating it off the ground for more grow room. Would be more lightweight to move than an entire frame, I would think.

Fantastic! I'm just in the process of designing a new coop for my babies, and was frustrated by the thought of how quickly their nice new runs would be scratched bare. Thanks so much for the wonderful idea.

Sounds like a plan, I just keep moving the coop and run.....wife is getting a little frustrated that the grass is disappearing fast.....

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif
Ok, its not useless, in fact it is a pretty good thread. It would be nice to see your project though so we can get an idea of what it looks like. Please.

Mike D

Quote:
If you go that long make sure you have a divider under the wire.
I found out through the years, that they love to sit on it in the hot summer. Making it stretch down.
Also you might want to use some thin boards (laths) and nail that screening in place to hold those bigger hunkin birds up when they decide to flop down on it.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom