You know it's getting cold when.........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mrbstephens, Sep 20, 2009.

1. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

the chicken poo is steamy. [​IMG] This is my first year with a flock and this morning when I let the chickens out to free range I noticed a cloud of steam coming from somewhere in the lawn. As I got closer I realized it was fresh chicken poo. [​IMG] It's getting cold here!

2. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    [​IMG] I don't have to deal with chicken poo getting steamy,because I have no chickens.[​IMG]

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Hee hee hee

I haven't noticed steam from the duck poo yet, but I can see my breath when I let them out of the pen in the morning. Time to shop for a heated water bowl. I am NOT chipping ice like I did last year!

4. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    yeah i noticed my breath steaming this morning.

lol @ steaming morning breath

5. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    you know it's getting cold when your hens and rooster's comb start to look paler(the ones with the large combs anyway). Ugh frost bite!

6. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Its still in the 80's here. I can't wait for winter.

7. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Cold? I wish!!! I feel like we've moved to a steamy rain forest. Two weeks of rain and another one predicted. Send all of your chickens over for a bug feast.

8. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    still high 80's here but oh how i wish it were cold! ive always been a winter person even though ive lived in this texas heat my whole life. there is just something about the cold near deadness of winter that makes me strangely happy and at peace

9. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You can trade with me, I'll spend a winter in Texas, and you spend a winter in Massachussetts. Then tell me you like winter, because I hate it!

10. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Shhhhh. If we don't talk about it maybe Mother Nature will forget and switch back to summer again. [​IMG]

I despise cold. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by