You know, the male chicken!

NuttyForNucks

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
I got such a kick out of this. From a website devoted to people in customer service.

Restaurant | San Jose, CA, USA

Me: “Thank you for calling [restaurant], how may I help you?”

Customer: “Hi, I was wondering if you guys sold male chicken?”

Me: “We do sell chicken, but I am not sure we know the gender.”

Customer: “But someone told me that you guys sold male chicken for Thanksgiving dinners.”

Me: “Thanksgiving dinner? Are you talking about a turkey?”

Customer: “Yeah! The male chicken!”

http://notalwaysright.com/gobble-grunt-gobble/3494

big_smile.png

OMG!!!!!! It amazes me the ignorance of some people. Like my neighbor freaking when we told her about our black aussie chicks because she thought all chicks were yellow...
th.gif
ep.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
I know, huh? We had a black silkie and whenever someone came over for the first time they always said, "What the heck is that?!? That's not a chicken!" Ummmm, yeah, she is.
roll.png

Hi NuttyForNucks,
Check out the Washingtonian thread in the Where are you forum. I'm in Renton.

I was in the feedstore a couple months ago and a woman was telling her husband that the red lights were for chickens because white light makes them go instantly blind.
th.gif

Imp- So glad the sun is red.

gig.gif
People are so ridiculous! I love the stories about chick colors, too. It amazes me how little most people know about chickens. I mean, I wouldn't expect just anyone to know breeds and whatnot, but at least to tell the difference between a chicken and a non-chicken and know that chickens come in different colors...

We have white turkeys and our Tom is mean! Our tv had gone caput and when the repairman showed up, the tom came to attack him. All he did was stand there and say, "That's one big chicken!" I'm trying to explain he's a turkey, and a mean one at that, while frantically trying to shoo the man into the house because I'm afraid of the darn bird and he keeps wanting to turn around and look at him. I think I finally convinced him what a meanie the tom is, but he really just got a big kick out of it. I had to throw out bread so he could get in his car safely.
roll.png
Darn goofy bird.

Imp - Checked in on the Washingtonians thread!

Back
Top Bottom