You know what kind of Turkey this is????

Sugroxz

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Pleasant Hope, Missouri
Anyone happen to know what breed of Turkey these are??? And possibly an age??? Sex even?? Almost kind of remind me of voultures but they do have some like tan speckling on their tail feathers some.. Any thoughts would be helpful cause they are our first Turkeys..

84783_turkeys1.jpg

84783_turkeys3.jpg

84783_turkey.jpg

Quote:
You happen to know how old they look? I know they are not to old but have no clue on age.. They are not laying any eggs and don't even know how to tell a male from a female at this age.. Do you??? LOL (I know asking alot)

Quote:
Don't you think they look like Voultures??? They are ugly but cute that you just have to love em.. LOL What kind of pictures would I have to get to tell for sure????

I agree with Black Spanish. Look about 3 months, but jard to tell. First pic the one on the right looks boyish, the other looks girly. Just a guess though. I see the snood sticking up on the one on the right though. still could be a female, but looks male to me
hu.gif
Nice looking birds
smile.png

Quote:
LOL Are Black Spanish Turkeys worth anything? Would boys be getting spurs at this age???? I have 3 of them.. 2 are smaller framed birds and 1 is a thicker, taller, meater bird. (make sense) LOL They all look alike to me...

Quote:
Don't you think they look like Voultures??? They are ugly but cute that you just have to love em.. LOL What kind of pictures would I have to get to tell for sure????

Better light will help. The 2 on the fence looks like sunset and the bottom one is real dark. Get a good close up in the sun. black spanish is a fine color if you wan't black turkeys. I have always liked them but never owned one. I would have some of every color but my feed bill is high enough without them.

Quote:
LOL Are Black Spanish Turkeys worth anything? Would boys be getting spurs at this age???? I have 3 of them.. 2 are smaller framed birds and 1 is a thicker, taller, meater bird. (make sense) LOL They all look alike to me...

They're worth putting meat on the table. Don't think they'd get spurs at 3-4 months...more like 5-6+ months before spurs would show up. The larger bird is very likely your male. My male is almost twice the size of my female. I could tell my male from my female early. The female just looked like a female, very feminine.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom