You know you live on a farm when:

You look out the kitchen window ( in the fall ) and see about eight deer and your horses standing together eating apples in your orchard.

The deer either go under or jump over the electric fence....but the moose just plows right into it and tangles it all up.

You corral your neighbor's pigs with your car and drive them home, then you fix your neighbor's fence.

The basketball hoop on the side of the barn has two hens roosting on it.

Your neighbors pull over to usher momma and daddy duck and their fourteen ducklings off your front lawn afraid they'll get too close to the road.

You hate shopping in a mall but could spend all afternoon in a farm store.

I agree and laugh so much with this thread, I just love it, especially about the anxiety going to town, get stuff delivered and spending time at the feed store.

I dont have very many animals, but each one has me wrapped around it's, hoof, foot or webbed foot.

I thought of another one....you consider buying a book of baby names because you are starting to run out of names or you start to give them numbers behind their names so you can tell them apart.

You find hay in the "strangest places" and wonder how the heck the grain got into your undies.

Out trying to get the animals into the barn durning the storm and they just stand there looking at you. who is more stupid the person out in the storm trying to move the animals or the animals standing under the trees watching you?????
idunno.gif

You know your husband has just gotten home because the donkey bays, dog howls, sheep baa, and horse nickers. Then your 3 yr old looks up at you and says daddys home.

Well, that's better than everyone showing up in the kitchen, asking if dinner is ready, just because the smoke alarms all went off. Again.

I remember along time ago my father had about 150 goats and about that many sheep, they lived in town with a small acre outside of town, I was living out of town and came home to visit, in the kitchen there was box after box of either baby goat or lamb. It had been a very cold spell and dad's animals were haveing their babies (of course) and he was bringing them in to warm them up.

There were boxes everywhere, the folks had to put up a card table in the front room so that they could eat and it would be quite in the kitchen until dad would heat up his coffee in the microwave, when the dinger went off everyone woke up thinking it was time to eat. The noise was terrible, the babies knew that, that was how dad heat up their milk. And of course being babies they were hungry most of the times.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom