You know you love your chickens when...

LOL that is so funny. I just built a second enclosure and a sand box. Thinking I need a chicken swing Friends gave me a bumper sticker that says crazy chicken lady.

Wow I missed a lot. @Fancychooklady I hope the waters are receding! What a nightmare.

I have been busy since finding out that our Faverolles died of a respiratory infection making sure everyone else is ok. I miss her so much :(

In good news, the Silkies had a small hair cut. They could not see where they were going. This week they have figured out to follow the older chickens up the ramp at bedtime. Hurray! !!! They are 12 weeks this week. Our D'uccle thinks it's a Silkie I swear. It even sleeps in a pile with them.

I still go do a headcount at just before dark but I'm so glad the Silkies no longer sit crying on the ground.

Shake a bag of something/ throw treats and when they don't come running immediately panick and go looking for them, only to realize it's the morning and they are still in the coop. Then they look at you like "what are you doing, lady?" when you per them and tell them how relieved you are.

...when they come running when they see you with something yummy in your hand & you feel compelled to share...I've got buffs and Goldens actually jumping on lap when I have certain things. It's amazing♡

Oh happy day! Hanging with the girls!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom