You know you're a backyard chicken owner when...

Pics
When you go to the hardware store for bathroom remodel supplies and come home with sod for the girls because the mountain just won't grow it! :lau
Since when do they sell sod in the bath remodel section asks hubby:D
20180105_131256.jpg

I'm so behind here. Haven't been getting alerts..:barnie
We had a mud room in our other house. But converted it to a baby goat room...:lau
Put rubber mats down and then bedding and a chain link gate at the entrance in the house. Made tending bottle babies easier in the winter.:D
When you go to the hardware store for bathroom remodel supplies and come home with sod for the girls because the mountain just won't grow it! :lau
View attachment 1235218
:lau did you get the bathroom supplies? :pop

I'm so behind here. Haven't been getting alerts..:barnie
We had a mud room in our other house. But converted it to a baby goat room...:lau
Put rubber mats down and then bedding and a chain link gate at the entrance in the house. Made tending bottle babies easier in the winter.:D

:lau did you get the bathroom supplies? :pop
I sure did!:D otherwise hubby would have NEVER let me live that one down :lau but I put the sod out first before I even unloaded the bathroom supplies...i was so excited to given it to them:love

View attachment 1235218
:goodpost:
Ooh! Sod in the chicken run... why didn't I think of that!?! :confused: Father in law owns a sod farm!

When you hear excited cheeping and drop a three-hundred dollar laptop on the floor in your rush to get out the door because it sounds like there's something out there with the chicks and if the neighbour's cat is out there again you're gonna commit felinicide...
Along that same line ... when the tv is playing soft music, but you hear a weird noise. So you turn off the tv and grab some binoculars to look out the back sliding door to peer at the coop through the freezing rain stuck to the glass. You can't see, so you go to the bedroom to peer out that window between the frozen rain on the window. Every thing is calm out there and you realize the noise was just a beat coming ftom the music on the tv. :D

Along that same line ... when the tv is playing soft music, but you hear a weird noise. So you turn off the tv and grab some binoculars to look out the back sliding door to peer at the coop through the freezing rain stuck to the glass. You can't see, so you go to the bedroom to peer out that window between the frozen rain on the window. Every thing is calm out there and you realize the noise was just a beat coming ftom the music on the tv. :D
I've reached the point where I sit and listen a minute, hear noise again and, oh, that's just a hen fussing with another hen...like knowing when a child is really hurt by the sound of the cry.....:lau

When your storage room looks like this and you only have 9 chickens.

View attachment 1234858 :lau:lau

Might want to get a few metal trashcans -- they work great for feed storage and the mice, moths, etc. won't get into it.

My mudroom is the laundry room/back porch. Not much room in there at the moment for shoes, but I did put one of those boot trays there for my mucky shoes. I've got a mountain of paint cans stored in there until I build shelving in the basement. And a metal trashcan full of straw and wood chips for the chicks I have in the kitchen. Most people come in the backdoor, so it works out ok.

Back
Top Bottom