You know you're a backyard chicken owner when...

Pics
When..
You put a blanket out there for them because it's cold
They each have their own miniature stockings for Christmas :)
Their coop is properly decorated, while the house is, well, neglected
You're not afraid to admit that you purposefully let them into the house to watch a movie or chillax.
View attachment 1213761
Don't have friends because you care more about/only have time for your chickens
Get very defensive when somebody criticizes them. "She's just fluffy okay?!"
Get offended at phrases such as "it's just a chicken" .. First of all, it's a SHE, okay?
You just know that non-chicken owner is not impressed with your chicken stories..
Oh, and as a note.. I taught (well, sort of) my BR Lady to "speak" when I say her name lol. She doesn't even have to see me either. I called her name from a two-story window and a-chirping she went and then ran inside the coop because she thought I was in there. :gigPoor gal.
:lau :yesss:

When..
You put a blanket out there for them because it's cold
They each have their own miniature stockings for Christmas :)
Their coop is properly decorated, while the house is, well, neglected
You're not afraid to admit that you purposefully let them into the house to watch a movie or chillax.
View attachment 1213761
Don't have friends because you care more about/only have time for your chickens
Get very defensive when somebody criticizes them. "She's just fluffy okay?!"
Get offended at phrases such as "it's just a chicken" .. First of all, it's a SHE, okay?
You just know that non-chicken owner is not impressed with your chicken stories..
Oh, and as a note.. I taught (well, sort of) my BR Lady to "speak" when I say her name lol. She doesn't even have to see me either. I called her name from a two-story window and a-chirping she went and then ran inside the coop because she thought I was in there. :gigPoor gal.
Awww so cute <3

I’d go into the run and I’d have to be careful not to step on them because hey crowded around me. I’ll post a video of me sitting in the run with my girls. Here’s the link:
:lau Mine free range so every time I go out side it happens. I also have them trained to come to me when I call. Lol there are 20 of them!

This is Rita wearing a miniature hat. She is not happy. You can see her face that screams “I better get a treat for putting up with you!” :lau
A46AF74D-1C0A-4052-8091-FBECB5FF288A.jpeg
03D79BE1-9DE0-4290-B6EB-BC08E5064FD4.jpeg

You can't remember the last time you 100% enjoyed a vacation because you're worried if the person you got to watch over your birds is doing a good job or not.
I remember my last worry free vacation, it was before I got chickens. Even when I’d sleep at my aunt’s house for a night the first thing I did upon waking up was calling home to check on my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom