You know you're a backyard chicken owner when...

Pics
When your youngest DD and spouse gest you this cool hand made (by someone they know) rooster ornament for you yard and the oldest kid is saying "I hate chickens" and the rest of the family laughs. FYI the youngest DD has rooster decorations all over her house and is talking about getting chickens. I need to get her out there with my chickens..... She has not visited my coop yet but did meet Miss Jenny pullet when I brought her in the house. I usually go to her house and my chickens are not very old, just started laying.
Pictures of the chicken ornament please

You make everybody take off all of their shoes when them come into your house!!!:gig:sick:plbb
Haha! Yeah, speaking of that, there were so many people walking into my dirty garage in their socks to visit my puppy. :sick I washed EVERY INCH of my house floor possible after they all left. :lau

You make everybody take off all of their shoes when them come into your house!!!:gig:sick:plbb

Possibly a Western PA farm thing, but all of my family I've ever visited has this rule. Until I visited my boyfriend's family the first time, I had no idea that this wasn't universal. Most houses near where I live have a separate sort of room (a mudroom, if you like) for shoe storage.

Honestly, I think people who don't are weird. Gravel and muck and grass clippings and road salt, cigarette butts if you live in town...

Back
Top Bottom