You know you're a backyard chicken owner when...

Pics
There are only 3 color varieties recognized by the APA, buff, dark, and light. I didn’t even know there were other colors.
I've heard several different names for the colours. Gold laced, silver laced, lemon Pyle, cream to name but a few. I want some Colombian Brahmas. I've heard them called different things also!!

.... when you do the dishes twice a day, with a hose. ;)

(As for the people-ones in the kitchen, sometimes they pile up a little. Hopefully, the desire to keep thinking of special foods and treats might wear off one day and I can get... anything else... done.) :D Picking herbs, sprouting seeds, idly hanging about watching antics, making porridge, chopping up yummy tossed salads, not to mention the actual fluffy-bum jobs. It all takes time. :lol: Update: I was making jam (a small quantity, luckily). I went to check the chooks and stopped to sort this and that and then pulled a few tender weeds for them and then wandered back into the house... oops. 'fonly I came back in about 5 mins earlier, my jam would still be spreadable. :lau:smack

Last edited:
.... when you do the dishes twice a day, with a hose. ;)

(As for the people-ones in the kitchen, sometimes they pile up a little. Hopefully, the desire to keep thinking of special foods and treats might wear off one day and I can get... anything else... done.) :D Picking herbs, sprouting seeds, idly hanging about watching antics, making porridge, chopping up yummy tossed salads, not to mention the actual fluffy-bum jobs. It all takes time. :lol:
So true!

Or when you let the geese in the house before you let in your family even though your family are scared of them❗
WP_20180118_08_43_42_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom