You know you're a backyard chicken owner when...

Well, when you visit your parents and request all the peelings ( carrots, cucumbers, melons etc not potatoes) for your chickens. I actually dont even have to request anymore, lol, mom just saves them when she knows I am going to visit. :)

My mom does, too! The chickens and ducks have even our family well-trained lol. And now my mom has started wanting me to "go pick dandelions for the geese, because the geese would really like it!" I keep trying to explain to her that the geese are on green pasture and can go pick their own dandelions so I don't really have time to do it for them. Besides, the ducklings and turkey poults in the brooders already make me pick grass and greens for them.

When you enjoy a rainy day b/c:

The garden needs it. AND You get to watch the chickens grazing the lawn for the bounty of worms.

When you enjoy it when hubby mows the lawn, not b/c it makes the lawn look good but:

b/c the garden needs the grass clippings for mulch. AND The chicken coop/run need the grass clippings for bedding/greens.

You really don't mind it when the weedy lawn produces a bounty of white fluff dandelion seed heads... b/c the chickens love to eat those seed heads.

When you get up at 6 AM and start building an outdoor run for your broody hen before going to work.

When your kitchen and livingroom looks like a hatchery!
DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG
DSC_0227.JPG

Back
Top Bottom