1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

You know you're chicken-obsessed when...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Q9, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Q9

Q9 General Headache

You're watching a movie, and when chickens show up, all your friends/family members grin and look at you. The worst part? I realized that I constantly subconsciously try to identify the breeds. [​IMG]

You people are going to send me to the looney bin sooner or later. [​IMG] I swear, I think it's a contagious disease transmitted through the Internet.

2. TheBrumstead

TheBrumstead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Hobart, IN
    I don't even have my chickens yet (starting the coop tomorrow), but I cringe when we throw out leftovers, thinking how my future chickens would love to have it... [​IMG]

3. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Oh, you'll enjoy feeding the chickens leftovers as much as they'll enjoy eating it. [​IMG] Chickens + food = hilarity.

4. wood&feathers

wood&feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    E. KY
    ...when you're looking at BYC late on a Friday night, looking up weird crowing roosters on youtube...

5. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    I was watching a show with my family and my dad said, hey Robert a cockfight. [​IMG]

6. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    You know you are addicted to chicks when you are out of the country, on vacation, and you have to find a computer to see what's going on with BYC![​IMG]

7. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol I do the same, Im sitting there like... White Leghorn and they all look at me... Haha

8. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:Um, I think you were kind of already there....

Or when you're a teenager spending a Friday night on a chicken forum with other social misfits. [​IMG]

9. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:I do it too. Only I do it with rabbits, dogs, chickens, goats and guinea pigs and I jugde them too.

10. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Um, I think you were kind of already there....

Or when you're a teenager spending a Friday night on a chicken forum with other social misfits. [​IMG]

know how you feel i'm 18 and shoul be out partying nope I'm sitting on a chicken boar and facebook in my boots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by