You might be a “Southie” if...

Pics
We do when the weather warrants it. I once took a foray into the Deep South. It was Christmas time. The weather was pleasant a balmy 35 degrees or so.

I was wearing typical balmy weather clothing A tee shirt, cut offs and flip flops. There was a Southie Salvation Army bell ringer at the entrance to Wally World. She was dressed in a heavy parka, boots, pants and so forth dressed as normal people do when it’s 40 below.

She had her hands inside her pockets with just the bell sticking out ringing it half heartedly.

I asked her if it was cold, she went off on how cold it was.

One of my trips to Honolulu, found the weather unusually cool, it dipped to 69. The residents were wearing heavy jackets and clothing as if it again was 40 below.

I daresay even those of you in the southie nation of California wear heavy jackets over your life preservers in cold weather Incase the big one strikes and you fall into the ocean...

Only true northerners and VWNers dress properly as the temperature dictates.

I grew up in southern California. Closed toe shoes were running shoes or beach shoes and intended just for those purposes. Flip flops were a way of life. lol
I've carried this tendency over to Georgia where it does actually get chilly. If it's in the 20s you'll probably see me sporting a nice warm jacket, jeans, and some flip flops. lol

I grew up in southern California. Closed toe shoes were running shoes or beach shoes and intended just for those purposes. Flip flops were a way of life. lol
I've carried this tendency over to Georgia where it does actually get chilly. If it's in the 20s you'll probably see me sporting a nice warm jacket, jeans, and some flip flops. lol

How long after leaving the land of fruit and nuts did it take to remove your life preserver?

If it gets to the twenties I shed a few layers, down to the t-shirt. It has to get pretty hot to make me give up my 511s, though. Sixty+ at least. A pocket for everything. Only thing missing is a hammer loop.

And now you have to avoid the tigers down there. I hear they roam freely in the Pecan orchards.

They're everywhere. Pecan orchards are overrun and they're moving into our neighborhoods. Pretty sure this guy is from Georgia. :lau

1586187449272.png

Back
Top Bottom