You might be a “Southie” if...

Pics
They're everywhere. Pecan orchards are overrun and they're moving into our neighborhoods. Pretty sure this guy is from Georgia. :lau

View attachment 2077575
I hear the big cats in some eastern big city zoo (Bronx?) got the COVID from one of their handlers. :eek: The lions & tigers developed a dry cough but are expected to recover. I do not think they were wearing 😷. Ha! Bet they'll change their behavior now, silly beasts. No mention of the handler's condition. 😕

We're just inland of Savannah. I've lived here a long time but we're not planning on staying forever. I belong in the mountains. It's too darn muggy and hot here. It's like living in a sauna in the Summertime.
‘Tis true! The mountains of NE GA are really nice. We have a spot in Dahlonega for our camper, and never use it anymore. It’s just money we are throwing out the window quarterly. I absolutely LOVED it there, it’s just that we’ve moved so far away and I have a different pass time that would keep me from enjoying camping now! 🦆🐥❣️

I hear the big cats in some eastern big city zoo (Bronx?) got the COVID from one of their handlers. :eek: The lions & tigers developed a dry cough but are expected to recover. I do not think they were wearing 😷. Ha! Bet they'll change their behavior now, silly beasts. No mention of the handler's condition. 😕
I heard that on the news this morning.

No way! I didn't know that?! Are you serious!?

For anyone that is feeling gullible, we don't actually have free roaming tigers in the pecan groves but we do have bobcats, panthers, and Tiger Ridge. lol

‘Tis true! The mountains of NE GA are really nice. We have a spot in Dahlonega for our camper, and never use it anymore. It’s just money we are throwing out the window quarterly. I absolutely LOVED it there, it’s just that we’ve moved so far away and I have a different pass time that would keep me from enjoying camping now! 🦆🐥

How nice! We're actually looking even further north. More like Sky Valley, Clayton, Rabun County areas. We were making plans to start visiting different areas up there to decide where we want to start looking...pandemic put a stop to that.

No way! I didn't know that?! Are you serious!?

For anyone that is feeling gullible, we don't actually have free roaming tigers in the pecan groves but we do have bobcats, panthers, and Tiger Ridge. lol
Yup. Serious. 😕 If other mammals can be vectors, gotta keep our pets home too, I guess. Cats get things dogs can't, but still...

I ordered some live mealworms and then learned they were shipping from NJ. It's Amazon. I only found out through the tracking number. I wrote to the guy (he apparently bought the postage but hadn't shipped yet) and asked him not to send them and that he should keep the money as a gift. Maybe that's over the top, but the Bubonic plague rode into Europe on the back of a flea. I very much doubt that darkling beetles have been studied and I just can't justify taking that chance.

Yup. Serious. 😕 If other mammals can be vectors, gotta keep our pets home too, I guess. Cats get things dogs can't, but still...

I ordered some live mealworms and then learned they were shipping from NJ. It's Amazon. I only found out through the tracking number. I wrote to the guy (he apparently bought the postage but hadn't shipped yet) and asked him not to send them and that he should keep the money as a gift. Maybe that's over the top, but the Bubonic plague rode into Europe on the back of a flea. I very much doubt that darkling beetles have been studied and I just can't justify taking that chance.
You are right. It may BE over the top, but we’ve got to start somewhere. I call what you did using plain common sense, which most times amounts to more than the “guessing” games the scientists play!

I don’t mean to offend anyone. The dramatic explanation was used just to get my point across. However, common sense is still HIGH on my list of must haves, if not at the top! Those who don’t have it flounder around much of their life...and annoy the hell out of those who do! J/S

Back
Top Bottom