You might be a “Southie” if...

Pics
Ralphie actually hails from one of the warmer areas of Minnesota, along the giant inland sea known as Lake Superior. Everyone knows the lake keeps the temps from dropping as low as it does in, say, Grand Rapids :plbb . Those folks are real Northerners!

We have been known to clean stalls in our bare feet - but not in the winter.

I had not heard about Tigers in California, but I remember a story about packs of wild Chihuahuas - they became popular after Legally Blonde, and ended up getting dumped when people realized that they ate, pooped, and needed to be trained.

I actually live about 100 miles inland from The Great Lake.

I moved out of the Duluth area over 20 years ago. However, even then I lived over the hill. (Kind of)
The last time I lived close to the lake was 1980, we lived in Tofte then, before that it was Grand Marais.

I do have a cabin near Grand Rapids though (kind of) it’s 60 miles north East. Near the bustling metropolitan area of Togo.
I hear the big cats in some eastern big city zoo (Bronx?) got the COVID from one of their handlers. :eek: The lions & tigers developed a dry cough but are expected to recover. I do not think they were wearing 😷. Ha! Bet they'll change their behavior now, silly beasts. No mention of the handler's condition. 😕

I addressed that breaking news earlier in a well timed thread. Us northerners are ontop of it!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/beware-the-tigers.1358338/

You are right. It may BE over the top, but we’ve got to start somewhere. I call what you did using plain common sense, which most times amounts to more than the “guessing” games the scientists play!

I don’t mean to offend anyone. The dramatic explanation was used just to get my point across. However, common sense is still HIGH on my list of must haves, if not at the top! Those who don’t have it flounder around much of their life...and annoy the hell out of those who do! J/S

You have kind of stolen my slogan there, Southie.

I say those that think they know it all really annoy those of us that do.

Supposedly, mullein tea is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and reduces respiratory inflammation. I'm drying some leaves now. Flowers won't come till later.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mullein-tea#benefits-uses

My dad loves Mullein tea. He’s drank it his whole life. If he ever gets sick that’s the first thing he drinks all day. It really does work even though I was a skeptic as a child since I thought it tasted like poo

When I make bread I add sugar. Are you saying I’m not making bread but cake?? 😝
Marie Antoinette probably didn't actually say it, but the quote most often attributed to her when she was told the peasants had no bread, was badly translated as "Then, let them eat cake." According to my bread cookbook, this saying ought to have been rendered in English: "Then let them eat brioche," a rich, eggy slightly sweet bread--way better than cake (imo).

My dad loves Mullein tea. He’s drank it his whole life. If he ever gets sick that’s the first thing he drinks all day. It really does work even though I was a skeptic as a child since I thought it tasted like poo

Are you sure you’re a Southie?

Southies eat all kinds of Things that taste or smell like poo..... i.e. okra, grits, boiled peanuts, fried green tomatoes, stuffed peppers, chitlins and so forth...

Are you sure you’re a Southie?

Southies eat all kinds of Things that taste or smell like poo..... i.e. okra, grits, boiled peanuts, fried green tomatoes, stuffed peppers, chitlins and so forth...

I am a southie based on the map. But I didn’t try any of those things mentioned til 4 years ago when I moved to GA from CA. But I must say I do like all of those things 😂 I haven’t tried fried green tomatoes or chitlins, but I don’t doubt I will one day and I probably will like em 🤣

I am a southie based on the map. But I didn’t try any of those things mentioned til 4 years ago when I moved to GA from CA. But I must say I do like all of those things 😂 I haven’t tried fried green tomatoes or chitlins, but I don’t doubt I will one day and I probably will like em 🤣

Fried green tomatoes are surprising good. I like them with ranch. Take it from another Cali girl that moved to Georgia...Alligator tail you should give a wide berth unless you like the sensation of chewing rubber. Lol

Back
Top Bottom