You might be a crazy chicken lady/gent if...Go on, post yours!

Here is the story of my Cornish X, Clucky...I am so proud of him
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=217873

...if everyone at work refers to your chickens as your "butt ugly children" and even your facility director asks how your "son" is and you know he's referring to your rooster.

...if you have a chick you hatched out that so firmly believes she's human that she is actually AFRAID of chickens. Yes, we have one, her name is Indy and we call her Indy the human chicken. She lives in my bedroom but has run of the living room too from time to time. If she had her way, she'd be on the kitchen table at mealtime helping herself to our food! As it is, the dogs now have to share their water with her because now she won't drink out of her water container, it's not "good enough" for her. She also thinks she should sleep in my bed. I have to quickly put her in her box and shut off the light just to get her to stay put at night, lol. The moment the sun comes up though, she's in my bed, usually curled up on my hip, sound asleep. She's my third kid. I told my daughters, here's the little sister you always wanted. My 10 year old told me "That's not exactly what we meant mom..."
roll.png

You might be a crazy chicken lady if the first things your grand kids learn to count are the numerous images of chickens you have in your house. Chicken: plates,sculptures,paintings,planters,towels,hotpads,trays,etc etc etc- you get the idea.

You might be a crazy chicken lady If you don't want to get off the computer and leave BYC so you don't wake up the chicken you rescued on your lap and want to sneak it into bed or at least head/foot board after hubby's been asleep for over an hour
hide.gif

...if your friends laugh like crazy at your "Extraordinary Chickens" coffee table book because they think it is a joke, and you feel a bit defensive because you take it quite seriously and think the photos are stunning of incredibly beautiful chickens.

you might be the crazy chicken lady when your run has a out door flood light's in it so the chickens can have some extra play time out side but you haven't gotten around to install the flood lights in the back yard for the kis to see while playing out late

You might be a CCL if you go out to look for a newly laid egg, but don't find one. (1st pullet just started last week) Then a while later, your DD grins while she shows you the egg that SHE watched while it was being laid. It was still warm..
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom